LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhanudassss (service)     12 July 2010

where does unreported judgments go?

I find lot of judgments declared but not reported in any of the jounals and sometime found on only on court website.  These unreported judgements many times have important points which can be produced as case-law. Now my question is wherefrom one get certified/reported  copy of judgment available on court website?

Where from we get certified copy of unreported judgments or is there any other way to cite it in any case?

Specially Delhi high court judgemtns many times not reported in AIR.  Is there any single source which can give all Indian high court judgments including unreported one in certified form/reportable form so as produce before court?

Learning

2 Replies

Daksh (Student)     12 July 2010

Dear Mr.Bhanudassss,

As a matter of fact keeping in view the concerned High Court rules the unreported cases in which judgements have been pronounced have to be consigned to the records and any one can inspect the files of the same or get the copies of the records/judgements copied after paying the requisite fee for the same.

Best Regards

Daksh

1 Like

Swathi S Bhat (Advocate)     15 January 2014

Sir,

I too have the same doubt.  One of my colleague told that a pre-trial conciliation is not mandatory in restitution of conjugal rights if it is against to the will of either a party.  But unfortunately it was an unreported judgement.  I don't know the particulars also.  Do you have any information about the particulars of this unreported judgement?  If Yes, Please respond this message.

with regards,

Swathi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register