Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preethi   08 November 2018

what is the correct age for marriage according to law?

hii sir/mam .. I'm preethi lives in Coimbatore..iam loving one boy and he is also Coimbatore.we both were loving for past 2 years.both family knows this.his family accepted my love and started supporting us.but my family didn't accept it.. my family forcing me to leave him. but I don't have idea to leave him..i need to marry him only ..and I need to know that.. what is the correct age for a girl and boy for legal marriage? some says that boy should finish 21 years of his age; that is his age should be 22 and the girl should finish 18 years of his age that is her age should be 19!! and some says that the boys age should start 21 and the girls age should finish 18 yrs!! I'm still confused about this..please conform me the correct age of the boy and a girl to be legally married under law rules..

Learning

4 Replies

SurYansh Mishra   08 November 2018

What is the religion of both the Parties? According to HMA 1955 The Bridegroom must have completed 21 years of age and the Bride must have completed 18 yrs of age to fulfill the conditions of a Valid Marriage. If the Age is only clashing factor. Thanks
1 Like

Preethi   08 November 2018

We both were Hindu

Ghazala Rahman (advocate)     09 November 2018

No age for marriage in Islam. But agefor physical relation due to marriage , i.e. 13 year girl 16 yrs boy.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 November 2018

Being adult (21 for boy and 18 girl) you can decided and get married, even without consent of parents.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register