LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunkumar.p (law student)     14 June 2010

what are procedures required if they had lost original deed

what are procedures required , if they lost the original sale deed and mother documents .if the property sutivated in banglore. pls reply urgent

Learning

10 Replies

Daksh (Student)     14 June 2010

Dear Arunkumar.p,

We should give public notice to this regard and subsequently get a affidavit affirmed by first class magistrate in this regard to procure the duplicate copies of the same.

Best Regards

Daksh

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     14 June 2010

Arun kumar

first of all give an police complaint  and lodge the fir as tour douciment was lost subsequently u have to give an paper publication to the public intimating that your sale deed was lossed. produce that paper publication to the police station were ur complaint was lodged then the concerened police officer will give an certificate as it is is an non traceable document.you have to keep this document safely along with the certified copies of your sale deeed

u apply certified copies from the register office

thanks  to dakash ,srikanth for providing me helpful advice . but  if the land owner want to sell the land means wat are steps to be followed .if he is not having the orginal documents weather certified copies are enough to sell the land. pls reply

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     14 June 2010

SIR

THE LAND OWNER CAN SELL HIS LAND WITH THE CERTIFIED COPIES ALONG WITH NON TRACEABLE CERTIFICATE ISUED BY THE POLICE OFFICER.

THE LAND LORD HAS TO INFORM ABOUT THE LOSS OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO BUYER

THE BUYER HAS TO TAKE CARE WHETHER HE HAS TO BUY O NOT

THE BUYER INTENDS TO BYE HE HAS TO APPLY AN ENCUMBRANCE CERTIFICAATE AND HE HAS TO ISSUE PAPER PUBLICATION TO THE PUBLIC THAT HE INTENDS TO BUY THE PROPERTY OF VENDORS

IF THE BUYER DONE  THE ABOVE THINGS HIS RIGHTS WERE PROTECT AGANIST ANY FUTURE CLAIM

BUYER MUST BE AN BONAFIDE ON HIS PART.HE HAS TO TAKE EVERY CARE BEFORE HE BUYS THE PROPERTY

once again thanks to srikanth sir, i have doubt that wather the coplint to be filed to the near police station where the property sutivated . pls reply urgent.

pls sugest me weather the complint has to be filed near  police station where the property is sutivated or we can file the complint anywhere .pls suggest me.

(Guest)

Most urgent action on your behalf should be that you informe in wrting to the registrar office that I have lost my Original sale deed and not to deal in any manner with the plot and also pray that if some body comes Kindly informe me . So that whenever any person comes with the lost sale deed action can be taken against him. Lodge a FIR with the police it will be benificial for you and apply for the duplicate sale deed with the registrar. If the Registrar do not accept your application send it through Redg Ad and a copy to the higher officers.More info go to https://www.thehindu.com/pp/2007/05/05/stories/2007050500780200.htm

kranthi (retainer advocate)     16 June 2010

what  the srikanth said is right .  it is better to give complaint to police in which area the docuements lost otherwise where the property situated. 

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     17 June 2010

sir

you can give police complaint  where the document is lost or where the property is situated

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     26 October 2010

The Police complaint can be made only at the place where the document lost becaus ethe caus eof action arose at the said place where the document lost. You shopuld file the Plice Complaint at the place where the documents lost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register