Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kartikey Tiwari   28 March 2019

want break job agreement !!! Will there be any possible legal action against me????

While joining I have signed an agreement with my company on a 10Rs stamp paper which is as follows:- Indian non judicial Gov..... national capital territory of delhi..... Estamp ...Certificate no.(something).... Issue on 4 feb 2019 purchase by(my company)... Descripttion of doc :- Article 5 general agreement ....property descripttion:- na..... Consideration price :- 0(zero) rs ....1st party( my company) ..No 2nd party....stamp duty 10 rs(paid by my company).... Undertaking:- i am joining this job and company with my own will.Then there were lots of point about material and information leak of company consider as a disput and all. **(Important)But after that in HR section it says this:- I understand that the company values it employees and require fair protection from loss of it employees. From the date of termination of my services for any reason whatsoever and ending two years there after, I shall not directly or indirectly induce any indivisual who shall have been an employee of the company at any time during the one year of period prior to the termination of the contract to leave the company's employment with the company clients the one year of my sepration from the company.***
<--IF I LEAVE THE COMPANY IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION FILES AGAINST ME-->?????

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 March 2019

The posting lack clarity.

Sayantan Misra   29 March 2019

This agreement is apparently a Non-Compete. But, as per your given information, the agreement is that "you cannot induce any other employee to leave the company WITH THE COMPANY'S CLIENTS...".
so, in case you yourself want to leave the company,and do not take any company's clients with you while leaving, you will be fine.
But the whole of the agreement needs to be read before forming an opinion.
[Disclaimer: My view should not be taken as a legal opinion, as I am not aware of the whole terms and conditions. I will not be responsible for any consequences.]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register