LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh singh bhadauria (proprietor)     20 December 2014

victim of check fraud pls help

Dear sir , A person named Arvind kumar , posing as an employee of Andhra Bank took 2 checks on 16-12-2014 written as a/c Payee in the name of " andhra bank new a/c for machine " as a security amount post dated to 16-12-2015 . He proposed to install a card swipe machine on my retail counter He filled up some forms too and took my id also . He left my premises with assurance to come 2 days later for installation and other formalities. On 18-12-2014 , one of those checks no. 1982 was encashed as a bearer check of rs 2,52,000/- at home branch allahabad bank vinod nagar etawah. The checks were from my firm's cc account When i saw the check , i was surprised to see the whole matter changed except for the traces of parallel lines at the top left corner of the check ( initially drawn to cross the check .) A check initially issued as a/c payee in one name was totally converted into bearer check in another name . The bank did not care even to call me back before clearing such a big amount against a bearer check . I have asked the bank to stop the payment of remaining check no 1983 . I have the 2 mobile nos of that person but both are switched off . Please advice what to do next ? It appears that some eraser was used to completely wipe the original contents of the check and replace the whole matter except the signatures. Please advice as to what do i do now . It also looks a great carelessness on the part of allahabad bank .had they been cautious ,my terrible loss could have been averted . Yours truly Suresh singh bhadauria 581, Katra shamsher khan Mahera road Etawah Ph 9457441002 9258415584

Learning

1 Replies

suresh singh bhadauria (proprietor)     20 December 2014

The amount on both checks when originally written was 500/- only .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register