LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

patra   15 July 2017

short term capital

Sir my mother got land registered as gift from her brother last year and now we are selling in next month for 2300000 Can i know should i pay capital gain and it is calculated in this case

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 July 2017

on Sale price-cost of the flat basis STCG tax is payable if it's a real estate and without holding it for mandatory 3 years period you want to sell it if you make profit out of sale within 3 years of  acquisition/purchase the profit is liable to short term capital gain tax.

short  term capital gains do not benefit from any special tax rate – they are taxed at the same rate as your ordinary income. For 2016, ordinary tax rates range from 10 percent to 39.6 percent, depending on your total taxable income.

If you sell an asset you have held for one year or less,  or  residential house for less than 3 years any profit you make is considered a short-term capital gain. The clock begins ticking from the day after you acquire the asset up to and including the day you sell it.

patra   23 July 2017

Presently i in need of money so i am selling at only 5 lakhs above the price which i have bought. So how much i have to pay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register