Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJAY PURBEY (service)     30 October 2009

share in gifted land by grandfather to elder brother

Fact of the case:

My grand father had substantial land which he was inherited from his father/grandfather. To avoid land ceiling  in Bihar in 1969, my grand father gifted 5 acres of land to my elder brother through registered gift deed which was known as Attarnama. At the time of gift my elder brother was 9 years old and I was not born. At that point of  time my father had 4 daughters, one son and my uncle didn't had any child. At present my father and uncle are quite old, they have separated in all respect but they are not able to resolve the separation legally on paper. After death of my grandfather, my father had agreed and given possession of  50% share to all parcel of land to my uncle including 5 acres of land gifted  by my grandfather to my elder brother. But my elder brother is not agreeable to give any share/right from 5 acres land either to my uncle or to me. My brother attitude has been delaying  family partition.  Though gift deed (attarnama) specify name of my elder brother, after my birth in 1971 my father started giving land revenue ( in respect of 5 acres) jointly in my brother and my name. Land revenue receipt (Malgujari receipt) reflects my and my brother name jointly.

Question :

(1)    Can my uncle get 50% share in the said 5 acres of the said land through partition suit by making gift null & void  as my grand was inherited that land which can be considered as joint property

(2)    Can I get 50% rights in the said property through partition suit in view of the above fact.

(3)    I also want my share from the property. All my family members including my 5 sisters, father, uncle (except my brother) wants amicable partition of the family properties. My sisters have not shown any interest in the joint properties, but they also wants amicable partition between me and my brother. How to resolve the issue ?

Learning

1 Replies

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     10 April 2017

Answer to your Question NO.1: What ever the arrangement made by gifting the land to avoid cealling the fact being that the Gifted document is the his properties and same cannot be questioned or demanded either by filing case. If, he is interested in giving you out of the said Gift property on sum human consideration may gives to you.

Answer to your Question NO 2: Absolutely not but can get on humanitarian ground on his wish.

Answer to your Question NO.3: It all depends how you arrange by your sisters and all. Whereas you can settle the rest of the property but not the gifted on.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register