LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karan (Fianance executive)     21 December 2016

property registered on son name and amount paid by father

Respected members I have a query regarding one of my old relative aged 80 years Before 22 years a property was bought and directly registered on his son name.. amount was paid by father in cash out of his retirement amount. That time son was 22 years old and had no job.. now that son who is now 42 years old not letting the father reside in that property nor giving him any share.. here my query is can father disallow his son for getting any share that property and get him rid out of that property bought from father hard earned money and was registered on the name of son.. please advise

Learning

7 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     21 December 2016

Karan father had full right over the property as it is self acquired proeprty. since sale deed is in sons name father can make will or gift that property to other blood relative.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on LCI profile?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2016

Son is title holder and owner.

If father has evidence of having paid the amount, he may ask it back from son,and try to resolve amicably.

22 years have passed.

Father can claim maintainance from son.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     21 December 2016

Only son is the owner of that property. however the father can file maintainance from son as advised by Expert Mr. Kumar doab sir.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2016

Thansk for agreeing Mr. kavksatyanarayana.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     22 December 2016

Since  father has put the property in son's name 20 years ago son has become absolute owner of the property. However father can claim maintainance from son if he has no means to support himself under Hindu Adoption And Maintainance Act.If you appreciate this answer please give me a like on my profile.

V. Rajendran (Retd.)     22 December 2016

Son is the absolute owner. No matter father paid for purchase . It was in cash. Very difficult for the father to have a hold on the property otherwise than by natural justice.

V. Rajendran (Retd.)     22 December 2016

Son is the absolute owner. No matter father paid for purchase . It was in cash. Very difficult for the father to have a hold on the property otherwise than by natural justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register