Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoj kumar (executive)     13 May 2018

Possession of land

Dear experts,
My Grandfather got a patta land of around 5 bigha in gautam buddh nagar in 1984. we didn't have this information untill 2015. my Grandfather was died in 1985 .when we tried to get information about that land , we came to know that it is at the possession of any other person and he purchased this land from any other person.please tell me what should we do. we have only patta paper.

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 May 2018

Make an application with the copy of Patta granted to your grand-father to the District Collector of the District where the land is situated.  pursue this matter periodically by registered post.   in the meantime you assertain the copy of Adangal or ROR-IB from revenue authorities.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 May 2018

You can benefit from post of Mr. kavksatyanarayana 

Ifd you are uanable to resolve on your own you may also approach your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/civil matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …and discuss in person  and take help..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 May 2018

And if the land is already registered get those certified copies of sale deed.   As the land is not in your possession, the fight is very tough and expensive and you have to establish a fraud and look for limitation period.  Your advocate may help whether all your exercise is worth or not.  Also contact revenue authorities to explore possibility of evicting the person, as patta land has several restrictions on transfer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 May 2018

How did your grandfather get the land? What is the title document? Was he ever in occupation? What does the Revenue Records show?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register