LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

victim of fraud (student)     18 October 2014

please tell the procedure and time to get divorce 13 1 ia

Hello sir/madam, I got married in 2012 and we applied for mutual divorce within three months. Its been dismissed as the period after marriage is less than an year. I applied for divorce in 2013 December, under 13 1 ia, for which summons are sent to his address. He didn't received the summons and I Dont know his whereabouts. The family court judge asked me to send again. It happened for five times till now. Recently I came to know that my spouse is in UK. I couldn't able to find his address in UK. He too wants divorce. As he need to pay back the dowry taken from me,he is doing like this. The judge isn't allowing me to appoint a lawyer and he isn't not providing the substitute service. He wanted me to get his address. Is there any way to get his address? How long this divorce takes place? What is the procedure I should follow?

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 October 2014

Submit his last known address to you in the court if he not received the summons /notices or if he is not traced then ask the court for publication the notice in the newspaper, eventhat he didn't appear before the court then request the court for exparte divorce .
1 Like

victim of fraud (student)     18 October 2014

Thank you very much for your suggestions. The court sent summons to his last known address five times. I filed a private complaint against him and his family.He isn't appearing for that. His family came. I spoke tohis family. They are saying that they dont have his address. I haven't filed MCD. I only asked them to return the dowry which they took during marriage. For how many summons, does the family court issues paper publication? Please tell how long it takes to get the divorce in this case? What is the process of exparte divorce?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register