LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pritesh Doshi (Sr. Manager)     15 February 2015

personal liability claim:travel insurance

Last year I travelled with my family to Germany. I had taken international travel insurance plan from Bajaj allianz for all of us. In Germany we were staying in a service apartment. My 2 year daughter has scratched some marks.on the wall and also damaged the wooden floor. For these damages the house owner asked repair costs. I tried to contact the Baja allianz call centre in this regard for consultation. But the call centre was not responding. As I had to travel back to India I.wanted to avoid any legal matter so I agreed to pay the costs for repair and paid it. When contacted the Bajaj allianz insurance team for claim initially asked me provide all the documents. I provided the documents. As claim.documents I provided them following: 1. Duely completed claim form. 2. Receipt of payment for repair costs 3. Descripttion on the incidence Then they sent me the deficiency letter saying that they will require do unmet of legal proof like court order, police order or notice from lawyer. Without this they will not accept and process my claim. I did contact the house owner in this regard. They said it is possible to produce older from lawyer but it will cost additional 200 Euro. I informed this to insurance company asked if they are willing to reimburse the additional costs I can organize notice from lawyer. But the insurance company is not ready to pay this cost. I also offered them that as they have call centre in Germany and as they offer insurance cover for Germany, I will provide you all contact details of the owner and they can directly contact owner and cross verify authenticity of my claim. But the company even rejected this offer. I would like to take advice from experts on how should I pursue my claim process further. Is I am correct in offering the insurance company to contact the third party (house owne)? Does the insurance company also own the responsibility of.supporting in organizing claim.documents as per their requirement? Shall take this matter to consumer court? Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register