LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zubair (m d)     16 February 2018

partnership dispute

me and my friend have started a business in partnership in the year 2001.we do not have written any particulars and any partnership deed,it's an unregistered business.
all the marketing Boucher pamphlet ect. shows me as a partner that's the only one prove I have.

as it was new business their were no returns for both of us so we decided that one will be taking care of it, as he was unemployed he decided to take care.
now when I am willing to join the business he is saying it's his business now and I am not the partner.
can you people please help me out.
how to claim, is their anything I can do,what are the legal prospective for me.

will be very thankful 

Learning

4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     17 February 2018

pl consult local Advocate with the available papers with you for appropriate action to be taken

1 Like

zubair (m d)     17 February 2018

thanks for the reply@suri.sravan Kumar sir.
as I mentioned that I have only marketing Boucher (that's all I have)

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 February 2018

Partnership firm to run a partnership business has to be in the written form or deed duly signed and witnessed by all partners. Now the partnership firm is registered with registrar of firms or not is another issue but valid partnership firm exists because of the partnership deed. In your case you just have some brochure or  pamphlet where you are shown as partner in his business, now that by no means show the existance of valid partnership firm to run the business. However if joint business was run by both than other prove like money investment by both in the business can be used to show joint venture which may help you get some relief.

1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     17 February 2018

In my opinion with the available piece of evidence, it is very difficult to prove yourself as partner. Anyhow consult local experienced Lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register