LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debashree b   17 July 2019

my rites and divorce

i am 33 yrs old femaleand my husbnd is 43yrs old man. married for 2.5 yrs..my problem is related to my mother in law and my husbands relation.. my mother in law never allows my husband to b wit me he came in my bed room around 1/1.30 am in d nite n morning 5.30am she cls him back to her room. even she doesnot allow my husbnd to go out wit me... he is wrking in a very high post n his earning is more than 40lacks per annum. i am dojn a small jo n hardly earn 30k per mnth. my mother in law does nt allow me to have food at their home if i am sick i have to expnse all fr dr and medicin.she is nt letjng us to have a bby also. i am getting depress day by day. plz suggest me wat to do and how to proceed further an realy want to her n my husbnd to b punishd. even she keeps on saying i dont have any rite on my husband. i wnt to knw wat are my rites as a rried woman. and wat if i want a divorce will i b able to take any alimony. plz help

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     17 July 2019

Debashree!

why your mother in law and husband doing this with you?

Have you informed it to your parents? have they tried to sort out the issues?

You have legal remedies available such as filing complaint under Domestice Violence Act against your Mother in law and Husband which will protect you against this mental and physical cruelty and also you can seek Divorce from your Husband in Family Court.

For further discussions you may call.

Regards

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     17 July 2019

Had you ever talk to your husband regarding this problem which you are facing if yes what was his reply , it is a domestic violence which you are facing you can file dv case against both of them and get remedy of this, court give them directions and give you protection Don't go for divorce and for alimony by filing mcd .

i tried to tlk to my husband mny times 99% she comes in between and start fighting evn thy both tried once to kill me by holding my neck... and my wen my husbnd gvs rply he kps on saying he married me bt it is not ncessry tht he has to take my respnsblility.. he said he can leave me bt nt his mother... my mother in law wants her son to b wit her 24/7 . and she want i shd gv all my slry in her hand

yes my fmly membrs knws al this i have my mother n one elder sister my father expired in 2007.. my inlws n my husbnd r not willing to tlk to my mothr n didi... my mother inlaw give me dhamki that domestic violence ka case ab nhi hota hai... as it got closed n she kps on saying she has money so she ll teach me a lesson n i cnt tk dvrce frm thm

yes my fmly membrs knws al this i have my mother n one elder sister my father expired in 2007.. my inlws n my husbnd r not willing to tlk to my mothr n didi... my mother inlaw give me dhamki that domestic violence ka case ab nhi hota hai... as it got closed n she kps on saying she has money so she ll teach me a lesson n i cnt tk dvrce frm thm

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     17 July 2019

You can file DV case against them. Visit Local Police Station and file complaint against the cruelty done by your husband and mother in law with you.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 July 2019

I suggest you first you gather the proof of their cruelty against you , for that you can record their voices / video by your mobile , if they beat you as you said they caught you by your neck if again repeats this , call 100 for police help and get done your medical in the government hospital and take the MLC with you , after that you file your case under domestic violence act as well as in ipc .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register