Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Sharma   26 April 2018

marriage of indian bow with a russian girl

D/sir,
My 28 year old son wants to marry a Russian girl. Can you tell me the procedure?

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   26 April 2018

If you want to register your marriage in India you will need to get married as per The Foreign Marriage Act, 1969 before the diplomatic or consular officer appointed for such purpose.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 April 2018

Marriage between Indian citizen and foreign citizen can be solemnized in India under the Special Marriage Act,1954 or the Foreign Marriage Act,1969 in any foreign country. The civil form of marriage is solemnized and registered by the Marriage Officer in presence of 3 independent witnesses. One month notice for marriage given by parties to Marriage Officer. After publication of notice and no objection made the Marriage Officer will solemnized the marriage and register it. A valid marriage certificate issued to the parties which is valid proof of marriage. The parties should have proof of age, nationality, address and marital status that will be checked before the marriage is solemnized by the Marriage Officer. The valid passport and Visa of foreign citizen will be required. In case the foreign citizen is divorcee the decree of divorce and English translation will be required. Otherwise unmarried certificate or single hood certificate that if issued by the country the foreigner belongs will be required. The Marriage Officer for marriage under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 is usually the Deputy commissioner of the district where Indian citizen usually lives and Marriage Officer in case of marriage under the Foreign Marriage Act,1969 is the Official of the Indian High Commission in the foreign country.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register