LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendar Am   20 February 2018

marriage

I luv a girl two years younger than me.. we did not mean to fall for eachother when we started our conversations but it has been since 3 yrs and we eventually ended up getting mad on each other.. now we can never ever live without one another.. The problem is that she is my father's brother's wife's sister's daughter.. Ending up as my cousin.. she figures to be my second circle sister which i personally cannot accept.. she is related to me on her maternal side.. I really want to know if there is any legal issues bothering our marriage??If so then how could I get it resolved?? Please help me in resolving this problem..

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     20 February 2018

The woman is father's brother' wife's sister daughter. The Hindu Matrriage Act,1955 provides under section3(g) "degree of prohibited relationship"- two persons are said to be within the degrees of prohibited relationship"---

(iii) if one was the wife of the brother or of the the father's or mother's brother or the grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other.

In your case the woman is daughter of the sister of the wife of the brother of your father which is not  covered under the degree of prohibited relationship. From this relationship point of view there is no legasl issue involved in your marriage with her.

1 Like

@ Vijay Raj Mahajan
Thank you so much sir for ur kind reply.. still some are confusing me that this is not legal.. and this problem is seriously bothering me.. I want your advice sir.. Could you kindly explain me a little more so that i can stay by your words.. kindly consider my request sir.. waiting for your reply..

@ AdV Kamakshi (Nellore)
Thank you maam for your time.. you have replied me scientifically.. we are no where blood related relatives.. even we don't share grandparents.. also she does not come in my first circle relative.. as said before she is my father's brother's wife's sister's daughter.. pls consider and kindly reply..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2018

You can benefit from the advices in the thread. Involve elders of the families and convince them for arranged marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register