LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KS Johal   30 August 2015

lost original land papers

A man who has approached me says that he has got property in Ludhiana and he has lost the original land registry papers. He cannot find these. What can you do to recover the original papers. He wants to sell his land. What does he need to do to sell his land. How long will the process take? Please advise as a matter of urgency. Thanking you all for your reply in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2015

1. Check if he has availed loan from some private fianancer by tendering original sale deed. In such case it may not reflect in encumbrance record. But the lender may have a charge and firsdt claim on property.

2. Other than that the title owner may publish in newpapaer and lodge FIR and obtain certified copies from SRO.

Show all docs on record to our able lawyer specializing in property/revenue/civil matters for proper legal opinion. The lawyer that has examined all docs and inputs can advise you the best.

Thank you sir for this reply. Could you please explain what is SRO? and where is the office so that I can get the certified copies. This person's property is in Ludhiana. Any particular paper that this needs to be published in? Once again thank you in advance.

Thank you sir for this reply. Could you please explain what is SRO? and where is the office so that I can get the certified copies. This person's property is in Ludhiana. Any particular paper that this needs to be published in? Once again thank you in advance.

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     30 August 2015

First: File a police complaint

Second: publish an advertisement in English and regional newspaper about the loss of property documents.

Third: Inform to the SRO –Stop for any future transactions of the particular property

Lastly: Apply for certified copies to SRO with the above information and you will get a legally-certified duplicate copy for your property.

Then he can proceed for sale process

I thank both gentleman who have contributed to this scenario. Can I on behalf of this man (owner) file a police report? The reason is that this man who is the owner of the property is living abroad OR does he need to attend the police station to file a report? Please help.

Can I on behalf of this man file a police report? This is because the man who is the owner of the property is living abroad or does he have to attend himself? Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register