LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Rao   10 July 2019

irrelevant billing and management flaws from a hospital

is consumer court the only option when a hospital billing team does irrelevant billing and the management team does not bother the clarify the billing?

in addition, the insurance company clears the hospital bills even after my request to hold it as I have not given any reports in a legible manner.

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 July 2019

Okey, so what do you want from this forum?

I want to know what are my options to question the hospital management and the TPA .

although I have not raised any questions on the line of treatment or negligence.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 July 2019

Issue a notice under CP Act seeking entire clarification on such billing complaints and violations and seek response from them within 15 days.  Wait for a month an then file complaint against hospital for deficiency of services.

A consumer is not bothered about bill payment as there are agreements between hospital and insurance company through a service provider, and their liability is restricted only to make prescribed payment as per the norms set down.   Consumer is a third party.   In case consumer wants to withhold payment, he can request the concerned insurer to withhold the payment, and enclose the unreplied notice given to hospital.  The insurance company, if the complaint is justified can withhold further payment and even delete the hospital from the approved list.  The network hospital was chosen by consumer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 July 2019

You have not posted the facts bringing out the issue, if any.

Praveen Rao   11 July 2019

if I say billing is different for the same service at different occasions....what facts would you appreciate to validate ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register