Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreya Kanth   29 June 2019

illegal closing of joint locker

Dear Helping hands,
I have got married in 2018, my husband is a bank employee, we had opened joint locker in his bank itself, he had brought all the papers to home and got signed by me in house itself, we have kept all the valuables in the locker, my husband and my in-laws and my husband's uncle are torturing me for extra dowry and to get property share from my parents as we are only two daughters to my parents, they have sent away from the house 6 months back, I have kept 498a,3,4dpa. during 498a case counselling in police station I came to know that the joint locker has been closed, without my notice how can they close the joint locker even though he is a bank employee? my husband has closed the locker and taken away all the valuables and saying that the valuables are with me. Infront the police my husband and my father-in-law has accepted that they have closed locker without intimating me, it is wrong if we go legally they told infront of Police,but the police also not taken any action on them, I can't understand whether they have forgeried my sign or whether my husband have taken my sign during the opening of account itself,what should I do know.

Learning

8 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     29 June 2019

You should write a letter to the Branch Manager of the Bank, Chairman and MD of the Bank, Ombudsman and the RBI about closure of the Joint Locker without your permission and also highlight that your husband who is working with the same bank, details of the branch and his designation.

Further also ask them to specify the procedure for closure of the Joint Locker. Let the bank come back to you with all the details.

As the letter will reach the top management, Ombudsman and RBI, Your husband will not be able to play much about the same.

The reply received can be used by you before the Court and also under RTI Application you should ask the bank to furnish the copy fo the form received by them for joint closure of the locker number and specify the name of the branch too.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Dear Helping hands,
I have sent the mail to the bank head office, bank chairman with my husband designation, locker number, and locker details and I have visited the bank and given written complaint to the manager also, till now no response from their side. And that bank staff behaved rudely and saying that the closing form has your sign. I told I haven't signed the form, then who signed it I asked, manager is saying if u sent it for forgery indetification, if that sign matches your sign,then case will be filed on u he is saying. i asked how u can take action me, if he taken that sign from me while opening the account itself then it is also a legal problem, how he can take the both signs opening and closing at a time.? if he does not have any cruel, cunning and cheating mind? I asked them sir, no response from their side.

Dear Helping hands,
I have sent the mail to the bank head office, bank chairman with my husband designation, locker number, and locker details and I have visited the bank and given written complaint to the manager also, till now no response from their side. And that bank staff behaved rudely and saying that the closing form has your sign. I told I haven't signed the form, then who signed it I asked, manager is saying if u sent it for forgery indetification, if that sign matches your sign,then case will be filed on u he is saying. i asked how u can take action me, if he taken that sign from me while opening the account itself then it is also a legal problem, how he can take the both signs opening and closing at a time.? if he does not have any cruel, cunning and cheating mind? I asked them sir, no response from their side.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     29 June 2019

In case of public sector bank, write RTI application and get all papers for closing your account.

sir , I did not get u.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     29 June 2019

Can talk on whatsapp 9456777600

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     30 June 2019

Sreya!

Since you do not know whether your husband has obtain your signature or have forged your signature for closure of joint locker. It is advisable to obtain copy fo the closure form from the bank vide RTI.

That would give you clear picture whether signature is yours or forged and thereafter appropriate legal action could be taken.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Sreya Kanth   30 June 2019

branch manager is saying that if u sent that for testing, if that is sign matches your sign and if it is not forgered then a case will be booked on you , the branch manager is saying. is it real or not or I can't understand. As branch manager will also have punishment from bank end,as how he can close the locker without me and my signature and without locker closing letter. To side the issue did branch manager is telling in this way I can't understand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register