LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mustafa Kurawle   13 July 2018

i had resign from the job company send me legal notice to pay 37000

I had join the pvt ltd company on 24 april with 1 year bond and they ask for 25k sign checked that i had given and bond has signed with me. now i am unfit due to traveling issue job in all over Maharashtra.. i am ready to do in bond job in that company but company is not ready to take they ask me to pay 37000 rs ( 25000 cheque+ 9500 salary+ there advocate fees 2500) and i had received my salary also with a 1 month 14 day in training period i had resign the job what should i do in this situation i dont have that muc amount also... plz help me and give sone suggestion my 1st job is this after graduation

Learning

1 Replies

Raghav Arora   13 July 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question!

If you had signed a contract, then the company has all the rights to sue you if you decide to leave before the period agreed upon in the contract. You have also received salary for a month as per the info provided.

However, if you have a genuine reason as you inform so, and still they don't let you leave, you can move the court, but, it would be really difficult for you to defend yourself against the company's lawyer who would be a regular expert(Litigation expenses may be more than 37,000/-) in such cases and if you do not have sufficient evidence and reason to prove that you have seriously fallen off the track required for the continuing the job owing to your illness, then you are advised to go back and complete the time that you had signed the contract for or pay the penalty to get rid. And yes, the red mark in the career profile may even affect your future jobs.

Good Luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register