LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh   28 March 2017

hma24

i filed divorce on desertion and wife filed hma24, now coury has ordered 8k maintenance in hma24,which i m unable to pay,i m a govt employee, pls suggest wt to do further? i can pay upto 5k only

Learning

3 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     28 March 2017

Originally posted by : ramesh
i filed divorce on desertion and wife filed hma24, now coury has ordered 8k maintenance in hma24,which i m unable to pay,i m a govt employee, pls suggest wt to do further?
i can pay upto 5k only

You have following 3 options:

1. Pay the amount as ordered.

2. File revision in HC ( Means more litiagation expense and HC may also order you to pay atleast 50% of arrears before proceeding in your case)

3. Withdraw your divorce petition. (No harrasment, no unnecessary expense)

(Guest)

Revision petition wont be of any use.  You will need to pay half amount of arrears for court to accept your revision petition.  again you will cry, I have 5k only.  So for you best option is...Raise loan. of 3k every month and pay to wife. if you were not govt servant there was another good option of not paying alimony to wife, but let it be.  That wont be of use to you.  Raise loan and pay wife or bring back wife. Your marriage is left only on a pc of paper.  Why pay so much for a pc of paper.  Let her come back and live with you.  You find peace elsewhere?

ramesh   28 March 2017

but advocate is telling no need to pay if v APPEAL in district court,if it true

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register