LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aman Batra   20 November 2017

general diary

Few months back I got married to a girl in Delhi. This is second marriage for both of us. First 2-3 months the girl stayed with me for 10 to 15 days. After that she went to her parental house and changed contact no. Me and my family are trying to contact them but no positive result. Though no demand yet I am expecting 498a or dv or both.in the meantime should I try to file a general diary. or it will be risky as they will no about it and start filling false cases. please suggest

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     20 November 2017

This will be big mistake if you file police complaint against her of leaving matrimonial home and not returning back. There are number of cases where the husband who made this mistake faced both the criminal complaint cases under section 498A, 406 IPC as well the D.V. complaint and section 125 Cr.P.C maintenance cases and had to spill out hard earned money and saving of both themselves and their parents.

You just try to pacify your wife to return back through email, messages and personal meeting. Take help of family members and family friends to convince her to return back. By doing all this you will be collecting sufficient evidence that can be used by you in any matrimonial case filled in future by you or her, to defeat her claim and get proper relief for self.

Aman Batra   20 November 2017

thanks. actually I want to know if in future we can show this general diary as proof of her not staying with me. I am not wanting to file any FIR against them. also I heard police will not go to my in laws home in case of a GD. Is my understanding correct

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     21 November 2017

No they are dogs smelling bone in return will approach your wife side to misguide them and insist for filling false criminal complaint against you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register