LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhuvana (NA)     27 February 2014

Cheating by mason in construction

Sir / Madam, I live in Chennai. We appointed a local mason to construct a simple room upstairs of 210 Sq.ft where my parents could live. We specified that we have budget constraint and hence we need a very simple construction where he could use 2nd hand door, windows etc. He quoted 2.10 lakhs as a lump some contract which included construction, electrical, plumbing, painting and all other miscellaneous with material and labour. unfortunately since he was not a professional builder and the job is small we only had verbal agreement and not any written contract. he started the work by Dec 14th and he slowly he took upto 1.95 lakhs by Jan 16th and stopped work saying money was not enough. By then only 75 percent of work was over and on budgeting about 70000 work was pending. We requested him saying his act was right but he said not possible and he took up a new job of construction in my neighbour house. It is very evident that he had not done work worth 1.95 lakhs. For us another 70000 was a big money but we are managing to do it with another person. However it is feels terrible to be cheated and loss of money. Can you please advice what can be done about this? Thank you for your reply in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     27 February 2014

No agreement in place prior to start of constructions and i hope all payments would have been by cash, had given him sufficient grounds to cheat you people. I advice you to finish the property with the help of another qualified civil engineer, instead of going to a person of same mindset. I am afraid nothing can be done with the given situation, so my sincere opinion is not waste further money on law suits ,because it is going to be another futile exercise. IN LIFE WE LEARN LOT OF THINGS BY PAYING HEAVILY.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register