Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vidyadhar1 (clerk)     12 October 2009

420 pending...can i go abroad to study.

Hello Sir,

I am Vidyadhar Ganguly. I am 26 years old and i would like to go to Australia for further studies. The problem is, there is a 420(cheating case) on me and 12 others with me and I am the accused number 1. I am attending peshi regularly but just wanted to ask your advice whether i can go to Australia for further studies which will take me 2-3 years to complete and since I am an accused, will it be a problem for me to get a visa.Kindly let me know.

Learning

9 Replies

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     12 October 2009

If you are absent during trial, a warrant will be issued against you.

Even if the case ends in acquitall, separate charge will be framed against you.

For long pending warrants there is high possibility of Look out Circulars in Airports where you will be easily caught by Emigration on return and handed over to police to keep you in judicial custody.

Wait till the trial is over.  You can very well approach a higher court for speedy disposal of the case.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     12 October 2009

GETTING VISA THERE WON'T BE ANY PROBLEM IF U HAVE AN VALID PASSPORT AND INVITATION FROM UNIVERSITY.

IF  U ARE SURE TO GO ABROAD FOR FURTHER STUDIES ,MEET YOUR ADVOCATE TAKE SUGGETION AND PROCEED.

(Guest)

While you are on trail in a Criminal case you cann't go abroad. If you try to go you may catch at immigration and your case will become complecate. Take care.

SIDHES JENA (CEO- Jena & Company www.jenasworld.com)     13 October 2009

While applying for VISA you have furnish, your background whether you have any criminal record or not, if yes then you have to give all the detail of it, then it will decide for your VISA granted, if you hide anything, its means it will confirm that you are a cheater. It will became very complicated for your future life,  As told by MR. PJANARDHANA REDDY you need to have a detail counseling with your advocate and read some references, then try for  VISA application. There are hundreds of care reference available like yours,  Take Care

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     13 October 2009

First thing first. Do you have a passport? If not, you can't get it as the Passport Act says that if you have received summons to appear in a court of law, passport will be denied.

In India, there are two classes of citizens - one who receives summons before applying for passport and is denied and another like Laloo Prasad who are facing multiple criminal cases and hold diplomatic passport and roam the world.

anil lalla (advocate , mumbai)     14 October 2009

an accused can travel abroad if there are no conditions to the contrary from the court granting bail.he can be exempted for sometime and should report to court wen trial begins.a lawyer should represent always on his behalf and inform the court accordingly.surety should be informed too and give his consent.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 October 2009

Yes, if has passport and there are no restrictions from the court, he can travel abroad. Basic question is obtaining passport by suppressing material fact about having received summons/warrants.

(Guest)

Eventhough he has passport, he can not go abroad and study. First he has to come out of the case.Legally speaking he cann't go abroad.

Dennn   04 June 2018

Visiting Dubai was my biggest dream. In a few months we are going to spend our vacation theree. Can't wait seeing those amazing building with the colourful lights at night. We have already chosen the date and packed almost all the tings we need. If you want to visit Dubai and see different places of interest follow the link https://rove.me/to/dubai to be on the safe side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register