Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapdawala (Manager)     17 December 2013

What taxes do i need to pay

Hi,

I am starting an proprietership business in education. Would like to know what taxes will I have to pay for the following types of transactions and what registerations would I need from the government for the business. If someone would offer to help me over the phone would really appreciate it.

I was reading for a pvt ltd company there is a concept of vat (intra state) and cst (inter state) transaction. Is there such concept for proprietership also, since there is no registeration. I am located in Mumbai.

1. Selling physical product in Maharashtra

2. Selling physical product outside Maharashtra

3. Selling physical product abroad

4. Selling digital content in Maharashtra (is this product / service?) (will be elearning portal)

5. Selling digital content outside Maharashtra

6. Selling digital content abroad

7. Consultancy in Maharashtra

8. Consultancy outside Maharashtra

For each of the above transactions what tax applies and what registeration do i need to take.

Also in digital business or for that matter selling any product, if I do not capture address of customer then how will government know intrastate/interstate. Is it mandatory to capture location of each transaction for taxation purposes.

Kapil

Learning

1 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     17 December 2013

Reg under shops and establishment act and obtain license, license under LBT, CST, VAT, TIN are required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register