Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ananya (senior designer)     15 December 2013

Medical negligence resulting into untimely death

Dear All,

I lost my father on the morning of 24th of May, 2011. He was admitted in the hospital for a case of a broken hip bone on 21st of May. He was already a heart and a diabetic patient and the concerned hospital was made aware of his medical conditions well in advance. The corcerned doctor informed my father on the day of his admission that he needs to go through Dialysis however since then he never even visited his ward. On the night of 23rd May he kept complaining of pain throughout unfortunately that night my mother went back home however at 7 in the morning his attendent (sent by his office) called my mother and my father was crying out with pain. When she reached the hospital the guy told him that he had informed the nurses however no one visited. After several of my mothers requests when the nurse finally attended, she injected him with some medicine after which his mouth started foaming and he immediately lost consciousness or i should say his life. He was rushed to the ICU  where they tried to revive him but it was too late. 

Unfortunately it happened all so quickly that we did not think of a post mortem. After a week or so I, his daughter went to the hospital to collect his file however the hospital claimed that it couldnt be found. After a month I went again and was told the file is lost. I went to the police station to lodge a complaint but was told if there is no postmortem report then no case could be filed. It was been almost 2 yers since then. My father was 57 and myself 25 then.

I have been since then trying to sort out my fathers pending loans, my brothers education and taking care of my family but I have sleepless nights with the guilt that I did not fight for my father. I know time is lost but so did I loose my father before time.

I would request the lawyers on this forum to pls guide me and also suggest me a good lawyer based in Lucknow who can fight this case. This is my last hope pls do not fail me!

Regards,

Ananya

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2013

Collect the treatment details through RTI and look for the possibilities for contemplating action through a consumer forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register