LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

viku (Telecom Engg)     24 November 2013

Engagament breakup

I was in relationship with girl from december'11 and finally got engaged on 4th Nov'12.After that behaviour of my fiance & her family changed.My mother-in-law started insulting me by saying that you are not perfect match for my daughter and they will not marry before 2015 because their daughter is only 23 yrs old,whereas my family always called them and told them to marry as soon as possible because i am 29yrs old,but they stoped responding and told me that you can marry someone else. I came to know that they are looking for other options also.In the meantime my fiance behaviour also changed and told me many times that i am not right match for her because I am not very rich,she can get better guy than me. She also showed short temper, indecent behavior by using abusive language, e.t.c When I tried to check about her it was very negative and she had affair in the college time,got physical with him,and trying to contact him. This gave whole story idea that she doesn't love me anymore.She has misbehaved with my mother as well and told I will teach you lesson once we get married.After that I made up my decision not to marry her,but now she is threatning me and disclosed to our relatives that we got physical and will suicide if not married to me.Her parents are defaming me everywhere but are not ready to talk to me or my parents about marriage.They are neither ready to marry nor allowing me to marry someone else,keeping me as an option.They told that they can go legal if I marry someone else.Neither we nor they have any written document that we are willing to marry each other. Only photographs of ring exchange ceremony and some recordings of our talks on phone.My doubt is, can they sue me for dowry, defamation or compensation. If so how much time it will take to settle? What is the duration of the case if we will go for case? Can police arrest me if they complain? Please help me, am depressed and taking sleeping pills these days. Thanks in advance 

Learning

1 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     24 November 2013

Firstly, the matter is complicated. However it can be dealt with by a competent advocate. My firm would be glad to provide you with the required legal assistance. Please call 8892562298

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register