LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT YADAV (AO)     20 November 2013

Applicability of service bond

I am working in Public Sector General Insurance Company, while joining they have taken a Bond from me to serve 4 years in the Company.

The Conditions of Bond is : 

1. If i resign during probation (which is one year)  i have to pay an amount equal to all the Gross Salary paid to me in addition to INR 25000/- ( For training).

2.   If i resign after probation (One year) but before 4 years i have to pay an amount equal to Gross salary paid to me for one year.......which can be reduced proportinaly depending upon length of service done after probation.

My question- 

1. Is this type of Bond is Valid as per Constitution.

2. I do not want to pursue my current job due to some family / personal problems, but the bond amount is so huge that i cannot leave the Company.

Please help me out in this matter because i am suffering badly & want a solution .

Learning

1 Replies

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (CEO)     23 November 2013

File a Writ of   Mandamus in the state High Court to direct your employers not to collect such huge amounts  from you for breach of service bond  on the grounds that the terms  and conditions of  the bond are highhanded, arbitrary, unfair and unreasonable etc on the part of  your employers after  getting issued due legal notice to them. If you wish to thank me for this reply please click the thank you button on this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register