LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (ssr)     24 October 2013

Bail for section 419, 420, 468 & 471

A case is filed against my friend under sections  419, 420, 468 & 471.

There are total 6 accused in hte case. My friend is A2 but is absconding. All the others got bail. A1 also got the bail last 1 week before. Now we have filed for Anticipatory bail but the district court has given date for hearing next week. As my friend is absconding will he get the Anticipatory bail? can someone please clarify. 

Learning

5 Replies

bhuushan bankar (advocate)     24 October 2013

if your friend is absconding he is not liable to get anticipatory bail, to get anticipatory bail he has to be present in the court and you can ask for interim protection appoint a lawyer

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2013

The accused need not be present for a hearing under anticipatory bail, he is required to be present only on getting the order for execution of the bail.  He can obtain anticipatory bail while in hiding evading arrest.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     25 October 2013

Dear Querist

when the main accused has got the bail then no need to very file an anticipatory bail before court & argue on parity the bail will be grant on parity ground if the role of your friend is not serious nature as others.

Feel Free to Call

Harish (ssr)     28 October 2013

Actually the court is always postponing the petition ofr the anticipatory bail. Can you let me know how long would it take to get the bail...

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 October 2013

There is no specific time period 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register