Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     10 September 2009

C A vs Tax conultant

Hi all,

I want to know how is a CAs job different to a tax consultant(llb).

Do both of them perform same job. And how is one better than other.

Plz any help is welcome , as ur knowledge could help clear my confusion.

thanx

Learning

10 Replies

astha mishra (student)     10 September 2009

good query.....even i want to know the same....

Adv.Gayatri Kulkarni (legal Practitioner)     11 September 2009

Only Difference betwwen these two is in respect to audit & Certication Work.As These jobs are carried by CAs only.

2 Like

astha mishra (student)     11 September 2009

thankyou......................

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     11 September 2009

thanx for ur reply,

well then does it mean that a tax consultant can perform same job .

to be more precise "so can i practice taxation cause i m a law student without worrying that i don have a CA DEGREE. Or is there any course i could pursue to add on to my law degree so that i can practice tax with same authority.

Eagerly waiting for ur reply

thanks

rushitsheth (Lawyer)     16 September 2009

Yes you can

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     17 September 2009

so it means i can start up with my tax consultation and perform job like a CA without any limitation and restriction under law.AND ALSO THAT THE SCOPE IS AS GOOGD AS OF A CA.

Raghavendra (Tax Consultant & Investment Advisor)     02 October 2009

many diffrances between C.A.  & Tax Consultant . CA perform works only  in a specified area like Tax Audit , Return filing ect. But  a Tax consutant can approach cases in high court or supreme court  & advice tax matters which related in property lax , Business Law, Family law etc. 

A.K.Parthasarathy (Tax Consultant)     02 October 2009

Both are same, like two eyes in a human body. Both possess knowledge but CA's should hold Law Degree to represent, That is all.

Vineet (Director)     03 October 2009

A Chartered Accountant is fellow of ICIA which is a legal body and as such role of CA is defined under various legislations. for example Tax Audit Report and various other certificates can only be signed by a CA only.

A tax consultant may or may not posess formal Law degree. Income Tax Act recognises even its own retired officers as Regd Tax Practioner by virtue of passing a prescribed departmental exam.

Yes, a consultant, if he posess LLB or above degree can appear before the courts which a CA can't do. But then who stops a CA from obtaining a law degree?

1 Like

Rema (Advocate)     11 July 2010

A relevent subject now also. So I may add a few lines.

1.  If a CA is having LLB,then he can not appear before the Court as a lawyer as per the present law.  It is high time to restrict, the role of CA upto indoor works that means, certification and auditing.  I have occassion to see that CAs' are attending registration under VAT, assesment process, even attending before Intelligence Officers for release of ceized goods (Detained under suspecious or for traansportation with defective documents). CA is a responsible person and he is responsbile for his certification and liable for Revenue loss.

2. A tax consultant is absolved from all liabilities as he has no direct liabilities.  There is no stipulated qualification requiremwnr  for a Tax Consultant.  But for a Tax Practitioner(I mean Regd. Tax Practitioner), minimum qualification is required like B-Com or approved accoutancy courses like National diploma in commerce etc.

Above all if anybody has talent in the consultancy field and ready to read and follow the Act, anybody can become a Tax Consultant.  I agree that some officials are not entertained unregistered persons. But they can appear as employees or part-time accountant or relative of the assessee.  Like-wise there is loop-holes in the practice field.

Rema

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register