LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aryan Bhola Krishnoo (Self)     02 September 2013

Can a female live-in with a married but yet to be divorced

I am a twice divorced women. and in love with a man who who is not living with his wife but applied for divorce proceedings. He has one daughter from  his yet to be divorced wife. 

If I move in with him as a live-in partner,

1. what would be my status?

2. What would be Pros?

3. What would be Cons.

Please give detailed reply. 

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

vague query........

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 September 2013

Originally posted by : Aryan Bhola Krishnoo

XXX

If I move in with him as a live-in partner,

1. What would be my status?
Take:
Status’ word is always considered as question of facts and tested before the society such couple keeping. If both keep spousal status before the society ‘for long’ then it is similar to marriage and then Rights as given under various Acts / Codes to marital couples cometh. To justify status it is perceived that regular – continuous '180 days' stay in such relationship is akin to marriage to invoke once Rights.  

2. What would be Pros?
Take:
Since he is still in a 'subsisting' marriage relationship it is always better to put a cap on your ‘patience’ and meanwhile put him on a ‘collar’; ‘reserve – advance booking in social circles until he is clear from all his current legal encumbrances. In nutshell he is booked’ by you in advance is what 'contextual' live-in should move is my view.

3. What would be Cons.
Take:
There are two consequences; one his wife if gets wind of live-in she can hail him to Court under possible bigamy Laws which is subject to – run on proofs and failing which his yet to divorce status will elasticize to longer duration than what you are visualizing, second, if you move in as live-in partner of his then he most probably will not only face above hints but if your move in extends beyond assumed length mentioned in para 1 then your entitlement on Legal Rights over him also runs parallel in case such arrangements of emotions did not work out in  between you two which is disadvantageous for him in whole current scenarios he is in.

Suggestion:
1. No 'physical' live-in till he has a clear title out of his current marriage.
2. Live-in means move-in / move-out with no commitment flying in the air from either live- in couples side. Hence such move-in can always be put on hold with ‘subjects’ who are embroiled already in some marital litigations for partners own good.
[Last reply]

Aryan Bhola Krishnoo (Self)     05 September 2013

Indeed thanks and I appreciate your valuable time. Regards 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 September 2013

agree with expert tajobsindia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register