Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhawna (Home maker)     27 July 2013

Domestic violence and dowry for inr

Hi, 

I got married to my husband who was settled in UK 3years ago and just after 6 months of our marriage he started asking for dowry and abuse me physicaly. He physicaly abused me real bad recently and ran away to India. He abandoned me in UK and left nothing behind  no money, home nothing. I am staying in women refuge and have filed a case in UK but, my husband is still in India, its over 2 months now. POlice in UK can do nothing till he is back. Now I am thinking of filing case in India but is it possible to do so from UK. Can my family file a case against him and his family in India. I recently saw his matrimonial profile online and it makes me confident that he is making an attempt to commit polygamy. Please help with NGO numbers as I am seeking for advice here.

Many Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

@ querist,

Sad to hear from you as your husband has treated in humanly to you.

1. Contact Indian embassy there to look into this.

2. Ask your parents too look after this in india,contact with him and his parents.

3. Come to the conclussion why he had done this and what he want?

after that think for DV or stringent cases or for divorce.

Do he is getting third marriage as you have mentioned polygamy?

Regards,

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     27 July 2013

1.  You can file a complaint against him online to the National Commission for women and also authorize your parent to appear you on your behalf.

2. If marriage was held in India, you can file Section 125 Cr.P.C. (maintenance case) and DV Case in India, authorizing your parents to appear on your behalf.

3. Section 498-A complaint can be lodged but the case cannot withstand in the court for the reason that the alleged offence occured in England and as per Indian Law, the place where offence has occured has got the jurisdiction to take cognizance of the case.

NGOKC (pm)     27 July 2013

well the moment  complaint is filed , it will go to women's cell. Case will collapse if you are not available for those meetings. So guess you have to come back if you want to fight it out

Bhawna (Home maker)     28 July 2013

Thank you to each one of you for above guidance.

I have one more querry how do I find out if he is in India. As he can runaway to different country to save himself from punishment.

He attacked for dowry and he is an alcoholic. I am coming back to India to fight but, holding on as I need to confirm if he is in India or not. 

Or I can file a case even if he is not in India??

Many Thanks

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     29 July 2013

if u don't know his present address, the cases you may file against him cannot reach their logical conclusions.  U can try to engage a detective to find out his present location, but the rate of success in such ventures, I do not know.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     29 July 2013

it may be a filmy if the query is answered accordingly but the facts are like this

first you say his profile is for another marriage so advice if you  want divorce then publish his photo in the newspaper and caution the embassy to stop him from flying india who harassed a women for dowry and left midway in the uk without residence and money for existence

first give a power of attorney to your father and save another lady who by seening his profile may arrange for marriage 

when you come back to india then meet a lawyer and explain your grievance to him and take accordinly steps because you being there and taking all this steps will not fuiteful 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register