LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhaval Mistry (NA)     02 September 2009

Need help to obtain caste certificate

Can any one please guide me to get my caste certificate? I want to obtain my OBC caste certificate but the problem is that I was born in Gujarat and then my family shifted to Pune. I'm compeleting my education in pune. Now I dont have any residiential proof of gujarat and since i was born in gujarat, I can get that certificate only from there. Please guide me with the workaround to get my problem solved.

Learning

19 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     02 September 2009

Do you have your birth certificate? Contact your village Panchayat. 

saumit joshi (advocate)     03 September 2009

if u not having birth certificate than put up application for obtain birth certificate in jurisdictional court where you born. and court will issue birth cerficate after notice and hearing of village accountant. in bases of this you may apply for concern social welfare department for obc certificate.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     03 September 2009

The community dertificates could be obtained if the particular community to which you belong  is classified as OBC/BC/SC  in the state of your origin.As your community is not found in the list of communities  in Maharashtra,you cannot obtain it from that state.If it is callsisfied as OBC in Gujarat,you can obtain it by producing your identity of birth or anyother available evidence for your domicile and contact the concerned Taluk office,which is authrised to issue community certificates.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     09 September 2009

I may be wrong -  a person looses his caste status once he migrates from one place [state] to another.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     09 September 2009

If your community is included in say U.P. but not in Maharashtra, can you get the OBC benefit in Maharashtra?

Amit Vinay Desai (Accountant)     01 December 2009

Originally posted by :Isaac Gabriel
" The community dertificates could be obtained if the particular community to which you belong  is classified as OBC/BC/SC  in the state of your origin.As your community is not found in the list of communities  in Maharashtra,you cannot obtain it from that state.If it is callsisfied as OBC in Gujarat,you can obtain it by producing your identity of birth or anyother available evidence for your domicile and contact the concerned Taluk office,which is authrised to issue community certificates. "

Amit Vinay Desai (Accountant)     01 December 2009

Originally posted by :Isaac Gabriel
" I belongs to the Caste "Khatriya Samaj-Sutar" & learnt that my caste is added in the "Other Backward Class" by the Government of Maharashtra in June, 2008. In my family my father is not leaving with us since last 25 years & my mother don't have any caste certificate. Recently I have got Caste Certificate from our "Samaj". Please guide me how caould I get the Caste Certificate & from where it is apllied? "

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 December 2009

You can approach the Tahsildar office  of your area and produce the certificate and anyother document in your possession .After formal enquiry they will issue the certificate to you .

Anil (-)     20 May 2010

Regarding Migration from other states issue of central OBC certificates

VERY IMPORTANT CIRCULAR

Govt. of India, Ministry of Welfare

Letter No.12011/11/94-BCC(C) New Delhi dated 8 April 1994

Read More..

To,

The Chief Secretaries 
All State Governments and
UT Administrations.

Subject: Issuing of Other Backward Class Certificates to migrants from other States/UTs

Sir,

In continuation of the DOPT's letter of 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 15 November, 1993, I am directed to say that it has been represented to this Department that persons belonging to OBCs who have migrated from one State to another for the purpose of employment, education, etc. experience great difficulty in obtaining caste certificates from the State from which they have migrated. In order to remove this difficulty, it has been decided that the prescribed authority of a State/U.T. Administration in terms of the DOPT letter No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 15th November, 1993 may issue the OBC Certificate to a person who has migrated from another State on the production of a genuine certificate issued to his father by the prescribed authority of the State of his father's origin except where the prescribed authority feels that a detailed enquiry is necessary through the State of origin before the issue of the Certificate.

2. The Certificate will be issued irrespective of whether the OBC candidate in question is included in the list of OBC pertaining to the State/U.T. to which the person has migrated. The facility does not alter the OBC status of the person in relation to the one or the other State/U.T. The OBC person on migration from the State/U.T. of his origin to another State/U.T. where his caste is not in the OBC list is entitled to the concessions/benefits admissible to the OBCs from the State of his origin and Union Government but not from the State where he has migrated.

3. It is requested that all competent authorities may be advised to issue the OBC Certificate after satisfying themselves of the correctness of the Certificate. The Lists of the Competent Authorities empowered as per DOPT's circular of 15 November 1993 may be followed strictly. No other authorities may be allowed to issue the OBC Certificates.

Yours faithfully,

Sd/…

(M.S. Pandit)

Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India.

Anil (-)     20 May 2010

Dear Dhaval,

in the state of your origin.That is Maharastra.First you tack your Father Caste Certificate and then you.

Anil

Regarding Migration from other states issue of central OBC certificates

VERY IMPORTANT CIRCULAR

Govt. of India, Ministry of Welfare

Letter No.12011/11/94-BCC(C) New Delhi dated 8 April 1994

Read More..

To,

The Chief Secretaries 
All State Governments and
UT Administrations.

Subject: Issuing of Other Backward Class Certificates to migrants from other States/UTs

Sir,

In continuation of the DOPT's letter of 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 15 November, 1993, I am directed to say that it has been represented to this Department that persons belonging to OBCs who have migrated from one State to another for the purpose of employment, education, etc. experience great difficulty in obtaining caste certificates from the State from which they have migrated. In order to remove this difficulty, it has been decided that the prescribed authority of a State/U.T. Administration in terms of the DOPT letter No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 15th November, 1993 may issue the OBC Certificate to a person who has migrated from another State on the production of a genuine certificate issued to his father by the prescribed authority of the State of his father's origin except where the prescribed authority feels that a detailed enquiry is necessary through the State of origin before the issue of the Certificate.

2. The Certificate will be issued irrespective of whether the OBC candidate in question is included in the list of OBC pertaining to the State/U.T. to which the person has migrated. The facility does not alter the OBC status of the person in relation to the one or the other State/U.T. The OBC person on migration from the State/U.T. of his origin to another State/U.T. where his caste is not in the OBC list is entitled to the concessions/benefits admissible to the OBCs from the State of his origin and Union Government but not from the State where he has migrated.

3. It is requested that all competent authorities may be advised to issue the OBC Certificate after satisfying themselves of the correctness of the Certificate. The Lists of the Competent Authorities empowered as per DOPT's circular of 15 November 1993 may be followed strictly. No other authorities may be allowed to issue the OBC Certificates.

Yours faithfully,

Sd/…

(M.S. Pandit)

Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India.

Anil (-)     20 May 2010

Originally posted by :saumit joshi
" if u not having birth certificate than put up application for obtain birth certificate in jurisdictional court where you born. and court will issue birth cerficate after notice and hearing of village accountant. in bases of this you may apply for concern social welfare department for obc certificate. "

Dear Dhaval,

Obtain Caste Certificate : Maharashtra

Procedure

Any resident desiring to obtain the Caste Certificate has to fill up the application in the prescribed proforma available at the Mumbai City Collector's office.

Necessary documents/papers    

• Court fee stamp of Rs: 5/- is to be affixed on the application.
  • School leaving certificate/ extract of birth certificate/ copy of the first page of the service book, if the applicant is a Govt. or semi-Govt. servant.
  • Attested copies of the first page and lthe ast page of the Ration Card/ extract of the electoral roll/ rent receipt.

In the case of a married women: 

• The married women has to produce school leaving certificate/ extract of her birth certificate/ a copy of the first page of the service book, if the applicant is a Government or semi-Government servant, to prove her caste before marriage.
  • Attested copy of the marriage certificate or marriage invitation card.
  • Attested copy of the extract of the Govt. Gazette wherein her change of name after marriage is published.

An applicant who has migrated from other States/ Districts has to produce the caste certificate issued to his/her father/ grandfather by the competent authority of that State/District. 

Anil

Anil (-)     20 May 2010

Dear Dhaval,

You can not avail for reservation in Gujarat
Kindly refer to the link
www.indianexpress.com/news/mr/503081/

Anil

Anil (-)     23 May 2010

Dear Dhaval,

If you want more information then go to this Website

https://www.obcguru.com/

https://obcreservation.net/ver2/