Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     13 July 2013

Is hacking passwords to check mails permissible ?

Hello Experts,

Is hacking her IMAP account (say GMAIL) permissible in the court ?

You can take this as a question or just an info that I did not sleep from last 2 days wanting desperately to hack her account to get all her communication as possible. She was working as a copy-editor in the Times of india and now claim to be jobless but I came to know from her rivals that she is doing freelancing and she is paid by cash. So, even if i try to approach her clients or get her bank statement, it wont work out in the court or rather tell the court to summon her clients, they are naturally going to deny. So, it is better I remove hard copies of her work she had mailed to her clients.

Now, about hacking, I have tested by creating a fake i.d and it works bingo !!!!!!!!!

If i am able to produce emails exchanged regarding her work in the court, then while in Cross, her advocate will surely tell the court to arrest him for hacking.. But, if hacking is done for not misusing any information nor tampering any of her contents, then i really dont think am doing crime....

I need your expertise !!!!!!!!!

Learning

23 Replies

Victim of Greed (Worker)     14 July 2013

To save my skin, i will tell the court that I already knew her password as she did not change her password since ages. What say ?

But the fact is, I have surfed over the internet and am able to hack her id using some tricks.

Sandeep p (Founder CEO)     14 July 2013

Its crime to hack mail even if it is ue wife or daughter or close friends .

Privacy for Each and every person is gauranteed by Constitution and various laws .

Clean your hearth first , Trust is the first step for relationship , if you cannot trust her quit from relationship ...

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 July 2013

It is crime under the cyber crime.

Mr. Sanjay P.... Yes, i DO NOT TRUST HER and that is why I have already filed for divorce 4 years back... And, to get info whether she is working as an employee or a freelancer, I do not have any other choice. I cannot tell the court to tap her numbers because she keeps on changing her numbers AFTER EVERY 30 DAYS..... So, dont advice anyone to trust her when you dont know the whole scenario.....

Sandeep p (Founder CEO)     14 July 2013

u need medical counselling ...

My argument with you is when you told me to trust her inspite of she betraying me for so long. I know hacking is cyber crime. I am not going to prove it the court, but just for my confirmation, i need to hack her mailbox. And, at the time of cross, I can tell the court to summon her clients OR may be i can use some trick to make a haox call and record the conversation where she will admit that she is doing freelancing with various newspaper agencies (ofcourse, those audio conversation will  go to forensic labs for further investigation, but thats okay).

Please dont misunderstand me, our Indian law need evidence and IF i do not try hard, I will end up paying interim maintenance which the court has already passed in her favour inspite of she being very well educated and was already earning a decent amount with a multi-national newspaper agency.

(Guest)

Why do you hack to just prevent maintainacne? Just prove that she is capable of earning and working. There are several judgments where girl who work or can work is not awarded either interim maintainance or full maintainance.

1 Like

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     14 July 2013

Hacking is crime.

Try to prove that she is educated and working.

You never told what type of work you do. If you are not a government employee, it is normally difficult to recover maintenance from the husband. So dont worry much. 

1 Like

Thank you Aravind,

may i have judgements where interim or full maintenance is not passed if she is capable and well qualified.... As i told you she was working in a renowned newspaper on contract basis but now she is a freelancer and accepts payments only in cash so it is has become very difficult to prove.

@ Dr. Jyothi... I am working as a sales executive in a small jewellery firm drawing a salary of 8500 in hand and i am awarded to give interim maintenance for her of rs. 3000 and for minor of rs. 2500 which becomes a total of 5500 as against 8500... However, as a maintenance of 2500 was passed almost a year ago so was able to pay in time but from past few months i couldnt do so due to my dads illness. i have his medical bills so will be filing a revision petition on my next date in familymcourt and will be appealing for the interim maintenance order passed under DV act to the sessions court at kalyan...

she claim to be jobless but she has bought a new blackberry cellphone worth 18000/- which i saw in her hand bag........ Is it possible to tell the judge to tell a lady constable to check whether she has a blackberry in her handbag or not ??

Thank you Dr. Jyothi...

I am working as a sales executive in a small jewellery firm drawing a salary of 8500 in hand and i am awarded to give interim maintenance for her of rs. 3000 and for minor of rs. 2500 which becomes a total of 5500 as against 8500... However, as a maintenance of 2500 was passed almost a year ago so was able to pay in time but from past few months i couldnt do so due to my dads illness. i have his medical bills so will be filing a revision petition on my next date in familymcourt and will be appealing for the interim maintenance order passed under DV act to the sessions court at kalyan...

she claim to be jobless but she has bought a new blackberry cellphone worth 18000/- which i saw in her hand bag........ Is it possible to tell the judge to tell a lady constable to check whether she has a blackberry in her handbag or not ??

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     14 July 2013

Since hacking is crime, do not resort to it to collect evidence for the court case. Bring the attention of the judge to her luxury mobile, if she uses it in the court. 

file revision petition and since your are private employee, your salary cannot be attached. Since she is your wife, maintenance has to be paid.

1 Like

Victim of Greed (Worker)     15 July 2013

Hello Dr. Jyothi,

I saw her using such luxury cellphone when she was in the court. I will not opt for hacking under any circumstances. Many thanks for your advice. If possible, will you please send me judgements passed for no maintenance if women is well qualified and capable ?

Just to add, she had filed for interim maintenance for herself under DV act and in that an interim maintenance of 3,000 is passed. But if she is not able to show evidence about any domestic violence occured then naturally, DV case will be quashed including interim maintenance petition which she has filed under DV act.....right ?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 July 2013

even after the evidence you show to the court that she is working as freelancer and on contract basis it will rejected by the court inthe first instance that opponent can say that she is not getting a fixed salary and another thing is that that mobile is not hers and it may be gifted to her such instances court will not take into confidence 

so try to stress on her high qualification and what jobs if she works she can and how much salary she can you can stress on this points mainly 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register