LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     26 August 2009

Consumer law can put cops in order

i dont agree with the fact that Police is covered under the definition of service under the CP Act.

police is meant to maintain law and order and maintenance of law and order is a duty of state, its a state function and a basic ingredient of state.....we dont buy police for our protection.

neither we are paying any consideration for the services of the police nor are we making any commercial agreement with the police.

if this has to be the scenario then some one dissatisfied with the order of consumer forum will drag the consumer fourm into consumer forum itself.

in order to deal with the lapses on the part of police various provisions are already contained in IPC, Cr.P.C and other relevant enactments and Services Rules.

its ridiculous to impugne the police inaction in the consumer forums.

Learning

3 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     26 August 2009

i dont agree with the fact that Police is covered under the definition of service under the CP Act.

police is meant to maintain law and order and maintenance of law and order is a duty of state, its a state function and a basic ingredient of state.....we dont buy police for our protection.

neither we are paying any consideration for the services of the police nor are we making any commercial agreement with the police.

if this has to be the scenario then some one dissatisfied with the order of consumer forum will drag the consumer fourm into consumer forum itself.

in order to deal with the lapses on the part of police various provisions are already contained in IPC, Cr.P.C and other relevant enactments and Services Rules.

its ridiculous to impugne the police inaction in the consumer forums.

1 Like

Prof.A.S.Dalal (Professor)     31 August 2009

I think , I am in absolute agreement with Kiran Kumar

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     28 October 2009

Dear Kiran Kumar Saheb,

A question then arises whether an applicant who pays a fee of Rs 10/- for obtaining information under the Right to Information Act 2005 can sue the Public Information officer and Information Commissioner for not furnishing the desired information within 30 days, terming it to be the deficiency in service in the consumer court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register