Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHOK KUSHWAHA ( PRACTICE/ ADVOCATE)     09 June 2013

Can consumer forum dismiss my

SIR,

DUE TO SUN STROKE FEVER, I DIDN"T REACHED BEFORE THE CONSUMER FORUM ON TIME. THE CASE HAS BEEN FIXED FOR FINAL ARGUMENT.ON THAT DAY. UNFORTUNATELY, THE FORUM HAS DISMISSED MY PETITION ON THE  GROUND OF ABSENT OF ADVOCATE. MAY I KNOW, WHETHER CAN I APPEAL TO STATE FORUM DIRECTLY AGAINST THE ORDER PASSED BY DISTRICT FORUM WITHIN A MONTH? AND ALSO,  CAN CLIENT HAS BEEN SUFFERED DUE TO ADVOCATE's ILLNESS?  WAITING FOR YOUR EXPERT OPINION PLEASE..........Ashok Kushwaha, Advocate....

Learning

7 Replies

reejas (advocate)     09 June 2013

first the order has to be set aside stating the sufficient reasons and then the case can be continued once if it is allowed.No need to appeal if it is allowed

ASHOK KUSHWAHA ( PRACTICE/ ADVOCATE)     09 June 2013

thank you senior........I will do as you advice the same.....regards

Ashok Kushwaha

Advocate

Hemang (Advocate)     10 June 2013

Make an application to set aside the order of the consumer forum. State the ground of illness. Consumer forum will immediately restore the complaint.  They have power to restore the complaint and hear it on merits. There is absolutely no need to prefer an appeal. 

reejas (advocate)     10 June 2013

welcome. i dont think u can restore in the state forum itself...... u mitght have to go to National forum if im not wrong

ASHOK KUSHWAHA ( PRACTICE/ ADVOCATE)     14 June 2013

thanks for your valuable advice Senior. As per your advice, I make an application and filed with self affidavit to the Forum to day......NDOH on 25th June.... regards.... Ashok Kushwaha, Advocate

shukriya senior for your valuable advice.....regards

thanks for your valuable advice senior.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register