Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Seven surprising tips for writing good rti applications

Seven surprising tips for writing good RTI applications

1) A good RTI application as boring as a laundry list. It is a bare list of items of information WITHOUT ANY reasoning. If the first draft of RTI application is interesting to read, something is wrong. Make corrections by deleting the interesting material, such as logical threads of reasoning and justification. Your RTI application MUST NOT disclose the overall nature of the problem in your mind. It MUST NOT give a glimpse of what you intend to do with the requested information e.g. register police complaints, approach investigating agencies, file a PIL etc. Also, your RTI application MUST NOT indicate how badly you want the information, and therefore, please don’t mention anything such as “I am a senior citizen dependent on my pension cheques, and I have been pushed from pillar-to-post in search of this information.” 
2) A good RTI application is short and childishly simple for the PIO to fulfill. On the other hand, a badly-drafted RTI application is like a huge challenge to the PIO, virtually saying “I dare you to try and answer all these questions.” Put yourselves in the shoes of the PIO; what would you do if you see a lengthy RTI application that asks endless questions and supplementary questions? I would endlessly postpone looking at the application, and then go out of my way to justify the delay or denial. Wouldn’t you?

Learning

1 Replies

madhu mittal (director)     08 April 2014

Respected sir,

Whether this citation was overruled,as Jaipur Vidhyut vitaran Nigam limited is not providing informatin to a company in spite of giving copy of this citation:

CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION

Complaint Nos.CIC/WB/C/2007/00104 & 105 both dated 30.3.2007

Right to Information Act 2005 – Section 18

Appellant - Shri J.C. Talukdar

Respondent - C.E. (E), CPWD, Kolkata

decided by and on (Wajahat Habibullah)

Chief Information Commissioner

Thanks,

Hoping early reply,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register