LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roy Baboo (Business)     19 August 2009

Property Rites of own house

Dear Sir / Madam, My father got retired from Defence Services in year 1989-1990 and purchase a plot to built a house for us as a family. I am the eldest son and is into my own business and staying with father and youngest sister. My mother expired about 15 years back. My younger bother; who leaves in New Delhi about 2-3 years back. My father owns the house and it is in his name. However, my younger bother now wants to build 2nd floor without proper authorization from my father. My father would like to sell this house eventually; after getting his only daughter married. My father is 75 years old and seeking my help how to handle this situation. Can anyone help me with ruls and laws applicable. I will very greatly. Your sincerely - Baboo

Learning

1 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     19 August 2009

Dear Baboo

Since the property was purchased and constructed out of his own sources of Income, none of you can have a claim over the same. Moreover, if your brother intends constructing the 2nd floor, your father has to permit the same. In case your brother forcibly wants to build then you can get a stay from the court prohibiting such construction. It is advisable to contact a local lawyer who shall do the needful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register