LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suparna (lecturer)     25 April 2013

Case process

I wish to know what process will the case hearing take after the court has summoned the medical expert and investigating officer in a 498(A) and 306 case?

The main complainant didnt turn up through the three year long case. Is the case heading towards a verdict? Please suggest.

Learning

4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     25 April 2013

State the complete facts

suparna (lecturer)     28 April 2013

married in 95.wife committed suicide in june 09. left a suicide note blaming none. in-laws lodged FIR. undergoing trail since 2010, IPC 498A, 306. none of the in-laws including the main complainant (wife's father) has turned up for witness yet in spite of repeated summons. unlikely to turn up. they are unconcerned about the case. rest of the witnesses have given their witnesses. court has recently summoned the IO & the Medical Expert for witness. is the case heading towards a final verdict? can the case get over without the main complainant's testimony?

Never Give Up (Fighter)     29 April 2013

Read content in the link below,

https://roni3483.wordpress.com/498a-event-sequence/

Now IO and medical experts are being called means all other witnesses be either crossed or they have put application for not appearing or court has closed their evidence.

After IO and medical expert's cross , there will be final stage where all accuse will be given chance to explain situation to judge. (i think its section 313).

Once thats over, argument of lawyers and then judgement.

suparna (lecturer)     03 May 2013

thanx a lot for clarifying the process. since the last three years  te witnesses havent turned up, and there has been a long pause with the appointment of new judge, PP, and then there have been instances of 4  consecutive dateswhen the judge has been on leave.

Since the process was never explained, the wait waspsychologically, physically and financially quite exhausting.i am grateful for the explanation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register