LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mango (Consultant)     26 March 2013

Polygraph test for 498a/crpc 125 case

May be it’s just with me but I prefer to rely on systematic evidences to put-up anything in the court. So far, on every date (CAW as well as Court), I’ve made sure to put forward only the written evidence so that I can explain in a short and crisp manner. My next court date is, in the month of April and it’s for argument on maintenance. My lawyer misses the important court case date “sometime”.

Is there is a way, I can call for polygraph test before court decide anything on interim maintenance. Case which has been filed under the domestic violence has a lot of contradiction with 498a case and reply on divorce case. I am sure that polygraph test will reveal all the details. I am very well aware that a machine can also be cheated but it’s more difficult to cheat a machine on such cases where both the cases are contradicting with each other.

In my next hearing, court is going to sit on interim maintenance argument so is there is a way that my lawyer can request for a polygraph test to prove that everything in the domestic violence, 498a and divorce case is purely fictitious and cooked-up story.

Mango

Learning

11 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     26 March 2013

Get a polygraph test done on yourself. This is not prohibited.

www.mehnat.in

Mango (Consultant)     26 March 2013

Thanks Mr. Manish Udar.... My lawyer already challenged the CAW cell to have a polygraph test on me if they think, I am lying but I want court to order my wife to go through a polygraph test so that truth can be revealed.....

Mango

You subject yourself to a test to establish your credibility. The other party will automatically be exposed.

2 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 March 2013

I suggest both of you go over ref. Smt. Selvi & Ors Vs State of Karnataka. Smt. Selvi & Ors Vs State of Karnataka Judgment on 5 May 2010. (Criminal Appeal No. 1267 of 2004) [accessed on May 10, 2010.

The ref. Hon'ble SC judgment on DDT is admirable from the scientific, human rights, ethical, legal and constitutional perspectives.

1 Like

Reformist !!! (Other)     26 March 2013

Are you sure, court allows to do lie detection test via polygraph test ?
I am not sure, if yes pls let me know
I will also include that in my case.

Yes there is no bar on

a) Subjecting yourself to a lie detector or narco analysis.

b) Requesting the other party (complainant) to subject themselves to such a test voluntarily.

If complainant refuses to undergo such tests, it hurts their own credibility.

www.mehnat.in

CGHY (Pvt Employee)     26 March 2013

Manish, as you said if the other party hits on their own credibility in terms of not undergoing lie detector test or anything like that, would that help in getting the judgement in our favour? 

Or this just gives moral high ground but nothing to do with Judge's decision? 

Thanks. 

aijaz shaikh (sales executive)     26 March 2013

superb website

Judge is likely to decide in favour of the party which is telling a more credible version than the other party.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2013

evenif no polygraph you say that there are contradictions in their submissions. Us such contradictions.

Reformist !!! (Other)     27 March 2013

Lots n lots of contradictions in my cases too........
I feel these ladies dont even think before filing 498a and other cases, they trust their lawyers more than their husbands....
What a pity....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register