Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul sharma (sr. manager)     26 March 2013

Harassment

Hi Lawyers,

I got married in September 2008 with a local. Girl belongs to my father’s co-worker(junior). My father I felt cheated when we came to know that she is mentally disturbed (depression).But my father said that she need medical help and she will be alright. After my father suggestion I consult a psychiatrist and started treatment where after counselling with a counsellor I came to know that she have no interest in her life. That was shocking for me I being a husband done whatever I can do. But her father (my father-in-law) he never supports me. He always distracted her. But life’s go further and I blessed with a lovely son in September 2009.After that her depression goes on higher level she tried to kill herself I stopped her and called their parents but I was disappointed when her father said that he will filed a case against me and my parents on that time my son was six month old. Every one suggest me that fill a divorce case but I thought it will effect on my son.so I dropped the idea and again we start live together. But then she start harassing my parents as per her father’s suggestions .she destroyed all the medical evidences (I have some of with me safe but most of destroyed. I have her confession letter with me on a simple paper but in her handwriting that she have no control on her mind).Now her father every time threaten me that he will file a false case of dv and dowry against me and my family (my parents are sr. citizens and my mother is suffering with kidney failure and sugar).i have some questions in my mind which I want to share.

1.       After spending 5years with her I still want to live with her but is it safe?

2.       How can I protect my parents?

3.       Can I file any case against my father-in-law? 

Learning

8 Replies

Mango (Consultant)     26 March 2013

Dude @ What are you up to?

1) You've a confession letter from a girl who was mentally disturbed at the time of marriage and you're still holding this letter after 5 years of marriage?

2) Your wife gave a birth to a healthy children within a year in which you're claiming that she was visiting to a psychiatrist for sometime? I hope you know that baby takes 9 month time except caesarean baby.

3) Do you think so that a husband who knows that his wife has suicidal tendency would ever opt to go for a baby and long life especially within a year?

4) If I've not misunderstood, you are saying that a mental patient is scaring 2 senior citizens and a mentally stable person?

5) She destroyed her all the evidences so that she could plan for harassment case. I've never seen a mentally disturbed person planning something. Also, if she has tendency to kill herself, why she is looking forward for have a golden future by harassing you?

I personally feel that you should start speaking the actual facts. This is a legal forum where a lot of professionals are there, who will find a number of gaps in your case (in case you are not speaking real).

Mango

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     26 March 2013

Keep the evidence safe, and try to live with her normally. If she creates trouble, then use the evidence.

www.mehnat.in

2 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     26 March 2013

How did she give you the confession letter? Depression is curable.It is natural that every woman after child birth suffers from depression And this is not a ground of divorce.
1 Like

Mohit B (tech)     26 March 2013

I agree to Ranee. It can be post partum depression. Moreover going to psychiatrist does not mean that someone has mental problem. A person goes for counselling for depressions and stress as well.  You may try to help your wife to come out her situation by your support and proper treatement.

1 Like

rahul sharma (sr. manager)     27 March 2013

Thanks to all for your great opinions

Mango you are actual misunderstood me. I don’t have any problem with my wife my problem is my father-in-law as she’s under influence of her father. She is innocent I know it very well. But her father force her to do the same. I discussed the things several time with my wife. Even she confessed that most of time her father guide her to do the things. But problem is that whenever I prepared my self to take action against him. My wife stopped me as she love her father very much. you can judge the situation with that in last 5years he never talk with me not even on phone. I really enable to understand it why?

I love my wife very much. She is under regular treatment from last 5years. Ranee  I know depression is curable. But you all will agree with me that what her father is doing actual create a lot of pressure on her mind. This is great worry point for me. As she want to live with me and on same time she want to fulfil her father’s words.

I want to save her so that she can live her normal life

1 Like

Mango (Consultant)     27 March 2013

Rahul @ Good to know about your feelings for your wife. If your wife is harassing your parents then start recording it somewhere; So that, later-on you have sufficient evidences to produce in the court. I don't think so that any written statement would be sufficient enough to prove you’re innocent.

If your wife is strongly under the influence of your father-in-law and your father-in-law is totally against you then it seems to me that in short run, this marriage will be over... Sorry, but it’s just my personal opinion.... Though, I am not a pessimistic personality but I have seen cases like this.

Mango

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     27 March 2013

@Rahul Sharma

What is stopping you to respect her father (u don't talk to him)?

Do you have any ego clash with your beloved respected FIL?

Check whether you need to change?

Nandha (NIL)     09 April 2013

Originally posted by : Mango

Rahul @ Good to know about your feelings for your wife. If your wife is harassing your parents then start recording it somewhere; So that, later-on you have sufficient evidences to produce in the court. I don't think so that any written statement would be sufficient enough to prove you’re innocent.

If your wife is strongly under the influence of your father-in-law and your father-in-law is totally against you then it seems to me that in short run, this marriage will be over... Sorry, but it’s just my personal opinion.... Though, I am not a pessimistic personality but I have seen cases like this.

Mango

@mango,

Rightly said. It happened in my case!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register