Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Salgaonkar (Sr. Manager)     24 March 2013

How fungible fsi is calculated

Would like to know how the fungible FSI is calculated post the new DCR rules

for eg,

is it calculated on carpet, built up, super builtup

we have a property of 1000 sq feet of carpet + 10% of balcony ie 100 sq ft  so total 1100 sq feet

Learning

7 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     24 March 2013

All FSI is fungible. What is this DCR that you are talking about? Which development authority do you come under?

www.mehnat.in

Sanjay Salgaonkar (Sr. Manager)     24 March 2013

In January 2012, the Government of Maharashtra announced further amendments to the Development Control Rules (DCR) for Mumbai

Under the new DCR, areas for balcony, flower-beds, terraces, voids, niches would be counted in the FSI. These were not earlier considered in FSI calculations. To compensate for this loss in FSI, the Government has allowed Compensatory Fungible FSI of up to 35% for Residential Developments and 20% for Industrial and Commercial Developments. This can be used either for bigger habitatable area or for balcony, flower-beds, terraces, voids, niches etc.

how this compensatory fungible FSI of 35% would be calculated in our case ???

we have 1000 sq ft carpet and another 10 %  ie 100 sq ft of balcony in our existing old building

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     24 March 2013

it will be on your share of total super built up area in your society if you are planning to redevelop the society

Sanjay Salgaonkar (Sr. Manager)     26 March 2013

yes we are planning for Redevelopment, need to understand on our share of 35 % compensatory fungible entitlement for existing members

should i remove the existing balcony area and then add 35% to the remaining

our builder gave the eg

1>1000sq ft BUA area + 100 sq ft bacony area  so total 1100 sq ft

2> remove the existing balcony area  so total remaining area = 1100 -100 = 1000 sq ft

3> calculate 35 % on the remaing area 35% of 1000sq feet = 1350 sq ft

4> again remove 10% ( 100sq ft)  from the old BUA  since it is alreay existing ,1350-100 = 1250 sq ft

is this the way to calulate....???

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     26 March 2013

The 4th step in the calculation is not correct. The 1000 sq ft BUA assumption is also not correct in your case since you have said that 1000 is your carpet area.

Your current super built up is considerably more than your carpet area. You need to show your existing society plans to an architect for the calculation. Then add whatever accrues due to

1) Difference in FSI between the norms that existed at the time that your society was designed, and the norms that exist currently.

2) Addition of compensatory FSI minus existing area utilised in the features which were earlier not subject to FSI but will be subject to FSI for future construction as per norms now existing.

You may thank me using the button on the left if you like my advice.

Sanjay Salgaonkar (Sr. Manager)     27 March 2013

Would like to post my query in a simpler way

Our Plot area 2384 sq mt ( 25650 sq ft ) as per our old plan.This is without balcony

This is permissible and consumed.

On this basis, as per the allowed Compensatory Fungible FSI of up to 35% for Residential Developments, what is our entitlement.???

S V Venkatesh (Executive)     03 December 2013

I Have 420 Squarefeet flat at Matunga East What is my entitlement in 35% Fungible FSI Whar exact carpet area i will be getting

Please show the detail calculation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register