LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

somasundaram (marketing consultant)     13 March 2013

Warrant issued

whether warrant can be hold by complainant lawyer?  i am not able to attend the cheque bounce case for last two hearings so from the clerical department of Honble court has said that only summon has been issued. But complainant lawyer saying that they got a arrest warrant and keeping it beside if on the need they can execute it.By other side police enquired my home that  they have received the notice from court.MY question is whether arrest warrant can be hold by lawyer or it may be a summon issued by the court?.Mean while we have paid a part of amount to complainant . My next hearing on 23rd of march what shall i do pls help me out. Urgent

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

A warrant is issued to a police officer against the offender. It can't be given to a lawyer strictly to speak. If a lawyer is saying so,it's just a kind of joke. The court can issue a summon in order to explain or present your side.In other words it's a kind of show-cause notice.

A warrant is issued only for cognizable offences to a  police officer to present the offender before Court strictly to speak.

A summon is issued by the Magistrate or the court as the case may be both for cognizable offences or non-cognizable offences.

you said you have paid part of the amount.This means you have been directed by the court for compounding the matter amicably.

Hire the services local advocate should you feel the need.

That's all what I have to suggest at this stage.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

somasundaram (marketing consultant)     13 March 2013

thank u very much sir...If im attending hearing on 23rd means summon can be cancelled.Basically im from tamilnadu case is running on kerala so some mis interpretation is running between our lawyer and further proceedings.

(Guest)

@Querist,

Please don't confuse me. Please make it clear if you have been summoned on 23rd of march OR you have been given a hearing date on 23rd of March.There is a difference between these two situations.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register