LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jose (nil)     12 March 2013

How long it will take get release deed

Dear all good hearted lawyers, I am trying to get a release deed for a property (An apartment under construction in pune) jointly owned by me and my father.

My father recently expired and now our family consist of me, two sisters and mom. To get a housing loan the bank asked for release deed.

When I enqiured about it, an advocate told me that it will take 10000 Rs and 6 MONTHS to get this document done. 10000 Rs I can understand like some kind of stamp duty, but what I not convinced is with the 6 month time to get the process done and the prepare the documents.

Is this true? can a release deed take 6 months to prepare. My sisters are also living in india, one in Bangalore and one in Pune. Can u give me a sugession on this.

Thanks

I understand that this topic is covererd in this forum, but I am not sure abou the time span. 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     12 March 2013

normally the release deed takes 15 days for process in any state and i am giving a website address which will give you the different stamp duties to be paid ( for pune State of Maharastra stamp duty will apply)

https://pdsarafco.com/Quick%20Info%20Link/Stamp%20Duties%20(Maharashtra).htm

once again consult other local lawyer for further calrification 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     12 March 2013

normally the release deed takes 15 days for process in any state and i am giving a website address which will give you the different stamp duties to be paid ( for pune State of Maharastra stamp duty will apply)

https://pdsarafco.com/Quick%20Info%20Link/Stamp%20Duties%20(Maharashtra).htm

once again consult other local lawyer for further calrification 

Advocate Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     12 March 2013

Sir,

Although for preparation and registration of release deed is requires only a week or two; But what is purporting from your querry is that, You are in requirement of release deed from all the heirs of your father in your favour.

If that is so, then do you have obtained a succession certificate from the court with respect to property of your father? OR is there any will of your father on record?

Perhaps, In case of Release deed which is to be executed between blood relatives will attracts only nominal stamp duty of Rs.250/- and the registration fee of Rs.1000/-

The advocate asking you for that amount may be on account of Succession Certificate and thereby will execute Release Deed.

KIndly verify the things.

Kishor Hajare/9930647734/hajare.kishor@rediffmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register