LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Geetanjali (Front Desk Executive)     09 March 2013

Unmarried girl rights

I m 24th year Old girl. I m not much qualified, I m 10th pass only, and i m working 2004 and still i m working. I have a elder sister she married 2006. she had a one son. My father support her very will and he also give her a house to live. I m living in noida my mother house this is my mother own house. My mother died 10th july 2010, after my mother death my father and my elder sister forcing me about my house give it to my sister and i married to someone. My father take my mother property paper and after few days my father and my sister mentally and physical torcher me so many times, that time i very shocked because my mother died only few months ago, and they all are fighting me and torcher me about my house . My house issue till running. My father had a second married to other women before my birth. I need to help to some one guide me. After my mother death my father not giving me maintenance money or any help. tell me about my right. and help ni one support me.

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 March 2013

1. Hire via reference a local advocate to stamp out your claims in the property.
2. The property of your mother dying interstate shall devolve according to the rules set out in S. 16 / S. 15 Hindu Succession Act
3. If you tell us that you are married person (your 6th. line) then maintenance / your welfare is lookout of your husband and not that of your father / married sister.
4. If you tell us that you are major person and yet un-married (your 6th. line contradicts title of your thread post) then specific case under speciifc act needs to be filed to extract marriage expenses from your father and that will take you again back to para 1 for consideration.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     10 March 2013

Dear Geetanjali

according to your information as per section 125 of Cr.PC

Order for maintenance of wives, children and parents.

(1) If any person leaving sufficient means neglects or refuses to maintain-

(a) his wife, unable to maintain herself, or

(b) his legitimate or illegitimate minor child, whether married or not, unable to maintain itself, or

(c) his legitimate or illegitimate child (not being a married daughter) who has attained majority, where such child is, by reason of any physical or mental abnormality or injury unable to maintain itself, or

(d) his father or mother, unable to maintain himself or herself,

A Magistrate of' the first class may, upon proof of such neglect or refusal, order such person to make a monthly allowance for the maintenance of his wife or such child, father or mother, at such monthly rate1[***] as such magistrate thinks fit, and to pay the same to such person as the Magistrate may from time to time direct::

Provided that the Magistrate may order the father of a minor female child referred to in clause (b) to make such allowance, until she attains her majority, if the Magistrate is satisfied that the husband of such minor female child, if married, is not possessed of' sufficient means.

2[Provided further that the Magistrate may, during the pendency of the Proceeding regarding monthly allowance for the maintenance under this sub-section, order such person to make a monthly allowance for the interim maintenance of his wife or such child, father or mother, and the expenses of such proceeding which the Magistrate considers reasonable, and to pay the same to such person as the Magistrate may from time to time direct:

Provided also that an application for the monthly allowance for the interim maintenance and expenses for proceeding under the second proviso shall, as far as possible, be disposed of within sixty days from the date of the service of notice of the application to such person]

Explanation. For the purposes of this Chapter.

(a) minor means a person who, under the provisions of the Indian Majority Act, 1975 (9 of 1875) is deemed not to have attained his majority;

(b) "Wife" includes a woman who has been divorced by, or has obtained a divorce from, her husband and has not remarried.

3[(2) Any Such allowance for the maintenance or interim maintenance and expenses for proceeding shall be payable from the date of the order, or, if so ordered, from the date of the application for maintenance or interim maintenance and expenses of proceeding, as the case may be.]

(3) If any Person so ordered fails without sufficient cause to comply with the order, any such Magistrate may, for every breach of the order, issue a warrant for levying the amount due in the manner provided for levying fines, and may sentence such person, for the whole, or any part of each month's4[ allowance for the maintenance or the interim maintenance and expenses of proceeding, as the case be,] remaining unpaid after the execution of the warrant, to imprisonment for a term which may extend to one month or until payment if sooner made:

Provided that no warrant shall be issued for the recovery of any amount due under this section unless application be made to the court to levy such amount within a period of one year from the dare on which it became due:

Provided further that if such person offers to maintain his wife on condition of her living with him, and she refuses to live with him, such Magistrate may consider any grounds of refusal stated by her, and may make an order under this section notwithstanding such offer, if he is satisfied that there is just ground for so doing.

Explanation. If a husband has contracted marriage with another woman or keeps a mistress, it shall be considered to be just ground for his wife's refusal to live with him.

(4) No wife shall be entitled to receive an 4allowance from her husband under this section she is living in adultery, or if, without any sufficient reason, if she refuses to live with her husband, or if they are living separately by mutual consent.

(5) On proof that any wife in whose favour an order has been made under this section is living in adultery, or that without sufficient reason she refuses to live with her husband, or that they are living separately by mutual consent, the Magistrate shall cancel the order.

So as you are working you can not claim maintenance

You have right to filed a case under section 12 of Domestic violence act 2005 against your father and sister and get relief from athe court.

Feel free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate)

Chember No. D-720, Karkardooma Court, Delhi

email : nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

web:    nadeemqureshi498a.webs.com

Mob: +91  9953809956

+91 8802305262

indu (executive)     07 January 2014

I m 24th year Old girl.  I have two elder sisters and one elder brother all are married .  I m living in noida my father house this is my father own house. My mother and father has passed away after my mother death My brother and sisters do not help me at all And I have no  money for my wedding so I have to ask if any government rule that will give me money for my wedding.

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     07 January 2014

Dear Indu / Geetanjali,

You can get the maintenance under section 125 Cr.P.C, if you can't earn being dependent upon your parents only not on your siblings. You both can claim partition through court being your legal right under hindu succession act. 

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate 

Bhasin Legal Consultants

www.bhasinlegalconsultants.com

indu (executive)     07 January 2014

Dear Rajiv Bhasin Sir,

Please tell me the procedure

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     08 January 2014

As you are 24 year old, you should find a job to earn your livelihood.  Out of affection if your elder brothers and sisters provide you sustenance and also search a suitable groom for you, it is well and good.  But they have no legal responsibility to do so.  In the case of property, all your brothers and siters and yourself can have equal proportion on the property.  For that you have to file a partitition suit in civil court and the court will partition the property and give it equally to all of you. Talk to your brothers and sisters and if your brothers and sisters have no objection for partitition, then you need not to go to court even and all of you execute a Memorandum of understanding and register it and mutate it in favour of your respective names.

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     09 January 2014

Dear Indu,

Procedure in both cases are different. Petition under section 125 Cr.P.C is criminal matter and Suit for Partition is civil matter. Please clarify which matter you are asking about.

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register