Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BRajesh (MRKT)     20 February 2013

Seeking help

Dear Experts,

Could you Pls advise on my below question-

My Wife filled the 498A cliaming that  they have given the dowry during the marriage as i have harrsed here for want of additional dowry.The case is running inc ourt which is yet to come for trial.My wife father is Govt Employee.I have given the complaint to HOD saying that ,being a Govt serivent,giving and taking dowry is against the service and conduct rule.it's alsomost 6 months is completed and i got reply agaisnt my RTI appeal that investigation is not completed hence we cann't provide the details.can we send any court notice to get the deatils?

and also i have given the complaint in public grievance poral which was closed by syaing that the matter is sub judice.can some explain how this will come under subjudice because my wife and her father given written complaint saying that they have given the dwry during the marrige.based on which police has taken the complaint.how this will come under sub judice to take the action on govt servent as per service and conduct rules.

pls suggest if can take up further on this.if so how?

Learning

2 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     20 February 2013

Get free from 498a....

P.Bashista (Advocate)     20 February 2013

As per Section 3 of the Dowry prohibition act dowry giving and taking are both crime. You can file a complaint or rather your some relative can file a complaint against your in laws in the Court as per section 7 of the Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register