LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jegatheesan (Manager)     12 February 2013

Poa - karnatake - nri

I wish to register a property in my name through my friend in bangalore. I am an NRI and I understand I need to get the POA attested in the Embassy. I will make it in white paper, give power to register the property on the schedule for a single transaction on my behalf. He is not my relative.

What is the procedure after that ( I will send it to India to my friend, he will go to te register office, then ) ? How much should be the fees ? Any other pre-cautions, conditions ?

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     12 February 2013

Dear Mr.Jegatheesan,

From your query we understood that you are an NRI but in which country. If you are in UAE I shall do the needful please contact me through my email: majeed@lawyer.com

Best regards

MAJEED KM

Legal consultant

Jegatheesan (Manager)     12 February 2013

Thanks Mr.Majeed. I am sorry I am not in the UAE but I am in USA.

V. Sibi Thomas (Professional)     15 February 2013

@jegadeesan

see to it that specifici instruction of only for the purpose of purchasing the property is mentioned (let the details of the property be also mentioned)

your friend will go to registration department he will register the poa,

thereafter complete registration procedure to purchase the property

after the registration procedure is completed you can call for the original poa from your dear friend and keep with you.

or have it cancelled.

Jegatheesan (Manager)     15 February 2013

Thanks Sibi. I have few more questions.

1)  What is the cost involved for registration of POA in karnataka ?

2) Can both registration of POA and Property carried out in the same time ?

Thanks

@jagatheeshan

the cost for registration of poa- the person who will do the registration of the property will do the registration of the poa.

it shouldnt be costly though it depends from state to state.

it is better you get the poa registered first, followed by the registration of the property. Later ask your friend to return the original power of attorney and have it cancelled.

Jegatheesan (Manager)     15 February 2013

Thanks Sibi. The main reason why I asked this is, There are varied opinions about POA given to blood relation and friends and the costs in karnataka. If you couls let me know or clarify this it wold be great. Thanks for writing to me.

the main criteria/issue of poa should be the subject matter in respect for which the power is given and not to whom the power is given.

relatives or unrelated is not an issue. you can give power to anybody whom you favor and who is ready to receive and perform the act on your behalf as your agent or representative.

anybody=(citizen of india/a major/sound mind) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register