LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AYAN (WEB DEVOLOPER)     01 February 2013

Sugession for helping poor people

GOVERNMENT SHOULD MAKE A STRINGENT LAW IN WHICH EVERY CITIZEN(EVERY MAN AND WOMAN) WHO ARE DOING JOBS HAS TO DONATE ATLEAST 25% OF THEIR INCOME COMPULSORILY.
FOR THIS GOVERNMENT HAS TO MAKE A PROJECT IN WHICH EVERY CITIZEN WHO ARE DOING JOBS HAS TO DONATE MONEY TO THE GOVERNMENT. AND THEN GOVERNMENT WILL SEND THESE MONEY TO THE POOR PEOPLE.

AND HELPING POOR PEOPLE SHOULD BE A FUNDAMENTAL DUTY IN INDIAN CONSTITUTION.

Learning

7 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     02 February 2013

it should be obligatory and not mandatory.

Daksh (Student)     02 February 2013

Dear Mr.Ayan,

Your thoughts are appreciable but may not be practical.  I can add unearthing of black money and putting 10% of the same for the same purpose which in my humble view might be many fold.

At this juncture I would like to draw your kind attention towards the directive principles of the state and will of the State to implement the same as ultimately it is the "POLICY" which rules ultimately.  Once again kudos for such wonderful and pious thought.

Best regards

Daksh

(Guest)

@Utopian_adviser,

I believe, your views ,in present form, voilates the principal of natural justice. If we talk about Art. 14 of COI, it has been well established by various decisons of Apex court and also the principal itself says

"Like should be treated alike"

You cannot have one parameter which your statement 'Anyone who is employed bound to give 25 % of his/her earnings' clearly says.you have to consider various points as well.Viz.

1.How much a person is earnings.

2.How many persons are dependent upon the bread-earner.

3.The 'Menhangai dian' or 'Diminshing value of money'.

4.Social status of a person.

5. Reasonable need of a person.

6.Which society he/she belongs to(In context of  Backward scheduled caste).

7.Educational Cost(If he wants to go for higher studies,or his children wants to go for higher studies or any elementaray education)

8.Savings for future rainy times for a family.

9.Medical treatements of his/her dependents and himselves.

10.Last but not the least Marital status of a person(Don't forget you are bound to give maintenance to your wife if  you and your wife living apart or divorced or whatsoever circumstances includes)

Are you still holding your idea!!!

Thanks,

Regards,

PAUMIL SHAH (NA)     04 February 2013

This is a good suggestion but why you involve govornment and officers. Every one capable must distribute their income as follows.

According to great thinkers of society Out of  your income say 40,000/- pm 

10,000/- Personal & family needs

10,000/- Savings for future

10,000/- Re invest to your Business activities or skill devlopment if you are doing service

10,000/- Donation to noble work, charity , help poor students by not only money but also with time. We know that many  doctors give their services free to poor needy people. Many organisations devote their efforts for Goshala activities. As we know manav seva is prabhu seva, help people around us and we will get immense joy. Many hostels give cheap accomodation and other facilities to students ( future of any society) When these students grow they remember their parent organisation and in turn become part and cause of future support. Few of such organisations are well maintained and are registered with Charity Commisioner of India or State.

Proper and adequate informations are given by them. Audit is also done every year and report are given to Trustees. they conduct annual meetings and plan and provision for future activities. But our nation is slowly going in other direction and we become so self centered some times these people fight for their name sake. To this my suggestion is when such activities are carried you only put name of entire society or God.

for eg. Bhgavan RAM, Mahavir, Christ, Guru Nanak or Jain Society of Mumbai, Rathod Samaj,  Lions club of ________,

Rotary Club of _________ , mahavir khichadi ghar ,  people in india also give kambal to people staying on foot paths. Just imagine how noble they are when they help people sleeping on streets in very cold. Build houses for poor people and give them. Getting together increases your capacity to change and fight against poverty. 

Wish that we all get involved atleast few hours every week for our society. Believe me when these activities are going 

crime rate will also come down.

These are all things our great nation and society has done by following and maintaining the tradition since centuries. We can be part of the same in coming years. 

We should extend these to next 1 generation. Children do what they learn from Parents and elders.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     06 February 2013

i think people should directly help poor in what ever way they can.

like a person can take care of one's education.

government is not accountable.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 February 2013

You mean helping poor to maintain poverty. Or helping a derserving poor.

Helping a poor relative directly is gurantee to be insulted (or even assaulted) by him one day.  So the persons having hobby or craze  to help poor should select a non-related poor.

But beware (i) some beggers have huge estates (ii) some beggers are feigning medical need or physical disability (ii)Giving alms to disabled begger amount to boos to the industry systematically involved in kindapping and mutilating children.

Some persons (with good education and income) get voluntarily poor due to vices and helping their family amounts to enacourage vices and related crime.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 February 2013

There are some NGOs who approach you telephonically to help surgary of a BPL child already admitted in a hospital without sufficient menas and accept even smallest donation.  Pay them once and get beeline of such calls.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register