LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pawan (self)     24 December 2012

Beef sale ic ubconstitutional

the preamble of our constitution is secular but the secular is not defined supreme court of India defined secular in India is not anti religion but to respect all the religion.

purchase of beef sales of beef eating and offering beef is constitutional. how to file PIL in court

and will it be stand before court

Learning

5 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     30 December 2012

Be sure of what you say. Do you mean to say that  sale of beef and eating beef is unconstitutional. Where it is written. In North East India, beef is the main source of protein.

Secondy directive principles have no value when it comes to their enforcement. Read this;

The provisions contained in this Part shall not be enforceable by any court, but the principles therein laid down are nevertheless fundamental in the governance of the country and it shall be the duty of the State to apply these principles in making laws.

48. Organisation of agriculture and animal husbandry.—The State shall endeavour to organise agriculture and animal husbandry on modern and scientific lines and shall, in particular, take steps for preserving and improving the breeds, and prohibiting the slaughter, of cows and calves and other milch and draught cattle

pawan (self)     31 December 2012

Respected Anilji

Article 48 is for slaughter of cow or milch animal but

42 ammendmend our constitution added secular in preamble and the word secular is not defined in constitution but s r bommai v/s union of india defined secularism

secularism in India means not anti religion but to respect all religion.

cow is god for Hindu even if state government is not putting bann on cow slaughter the ban on sale of beef can be impose to protect secular nature of india.\

can i file a case before Apex court for Discussion

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     31 December 2012

Cow is god to you. Goat is a god to others. Buffalo is a god to yet another. Scriptures and belief don't rule the country. File the petition and see the fun.

pawan (self)     01 January 2013

respected anilji I am not an advocate this is just a legal chat S R BOMMAI V/s UNION OF INDIA case Supreme Court says in India secular is to respect all religion. So on demolishion of a Building ( babri masjid) the state government removed. There are many judgement when apex court said cow is god for hindu . My request is only to ask how court will define secularism in India. This is just for a healthy discussion and I am thankful to you for giving reply . 

pawan (self)     01 January 2013

respected anilji I am not an advocate this is just a legal chat S R BOMMAI V/s UNION OF INDIA case Supreme Court says in India secular is to respect all religion. So on demolishion of a Building ( babri masjid) the state government removed. There are many judgement when apex court said cow is god for hindu . My request is only to ask how court will define secularism in India. This is just for a healthy discussion and I am thankful to you for giving reply . Secular is the basic feature in India preamble of our constitution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register