LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Maintenance, divorce, retirement benefits

My father is a retired Government employee who from my childhood used to harass my mother, my brother, and myself.  We were thrown out from home in the March 2003 and our maternal grandparents looked after us.  My age is 38 now; my brother who is physically handicapped from cerebral palsy is of 30 years age.

My father filed a divorce case against my mother when we were at our maternal grandparents’ house and when we opted for maintenance; he never used to attend to court hearings.  Our grandparents also tried in many occasions to get maintenance, but this was not done till date.  He is to get absconded to office for 2 to 3 months when court people approached office for him and this drama went on till many years.  In due course, he married another woman and started living with her.  When we approached him, he showed us the divorce paper issued by family court.  But till date we did not get any retirement benefits, maintenance, or any other thing in any form from him.

After attending the court trials many times, my maternal grandparents gave up due to their poor financial status and we, in order to get a job for daily living did not show attention to the court procedures, hence it was told that when we approached court with some number, they told us that the court has closed the case because of not attending the court trials later on and hence, the court has granted divorce certificate to my father.

Sometime in November 2007, we contacted my father in amicable way and he came to our place at that time in Hyderabad.  In this process, some of our relatives asked my father to go for a Deed of Settlement, so he in his own writing gave us a Deed of Settlement, which he later on did not turn to the things that he mentioned in that Deed of Settlement.  So, our relatives approached a lawyer at Warangal, Andhra Pradesh and we have sent that Deed of settlement to all the concerned offices.

In the department too, he had work orders pending and he did not get any retirement benefits and pension till date.  But we came to know that he is trying to clear all the work orders and applying for pension stating that he got divorce from my mother, so in this situation, I request you to bring this to your notice and request you to let me know how to proceed further to obtain the benefits for our living and to get justice.

Learning

2 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     15 December 2012

His second marriage is not valid and you are being major not eligible for maintenance.

(Guest)

Sir/Madam,

Concern is not for my maintenance, even my mother did not get any sort of maintenance till date.  But he showed us a typed certificate from Family Court that the family court has given him divorce certificate and that stated that as we did not attend to many court hearings, it has been given in his favor.

my father has 4 brothers of which the younger has expired.  there is a house of nearly 300 sq.yards, which is of my paternal grandfather. do we have any authority to get that land.

my brother is handicapped from cerebral palsy.

so my question, till date, he did not obtain any of his retirement benefits....please let me know how to avial those and if his second marriage is not valid, can we go to court and file case against him...if so...please let me know the procedure...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register