LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (jao)     22 November 2012

Gratuity & leave encahasment rly. service

I resigned (technical resignation) from Rly. Service after serving for 4 years 8months 28 days and joined BSNL which is Central Govt. owned Public Sector Undertaking.

I have obtained "No objection Certificate" from Railway to join BSNL and tehcnical resignation is approved by Rly. and relieving letter to join BSNL  is also given to me by Rly.

Now I requested for payment of 

1.  Gratuity since 4 years 8 months is to be treated as 5 years for the purpose of Gratuity (In Rly. 5 days week is applicable) 

2.  Leave Enachment quoting Rule 550(F) of IREC Vol.I and OM No.3(2)/85/BPE-S&A Cell, dt.09.01.1986 issued by Dept. of Public Enterprises & OM No.28016/5/85-Estt.(C), dt.31.01.1986 issued by Dept of Personnel & Training which were circulated by Railway Board Vide Lr. No.F(E)III/86 PN 1/5 dt.16.04.1986 (rulling is attached)

But, Gratuity is disallowed by Rly quoting Rule70(1)a of Railway Servant Pension Rule, 1993 since Service Gratuity/DCRG is payable on completion of 5 years Qualifying Service.

Leave Encashment is given for 50% of Leave quoting Rule 550(D) of Indian Rly. Estt. Code Vol.I

In BSNL also I requested to take my past service on record for the purpose of gratuity.  But they are denying for the same and asked me get all the settlement dues from Rly.

Please advise me Mobile 9490626323 mail ksv502@yahoo.com

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register